Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

The Lounge A place to talk about almost anything but politics and religion.

HELP, I'm a LIAR!!!
HELP, I'm a LIAR!!!
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 15th February 2012, 09:22 AM   #11
Luke is offline Luke  New Zealand
diyAudio Member

Send a message via AIM to Luke
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbdb View Post
I dont understand, what is the lie? And why are you ashamed? You have it the right way around, its the music thats important, not the gear. The real audiophile are trying to get closer to the music, the others, closer to there gear.
I've never cared for the music as much as the gear. Sure its about sound quality, but for me its the gear that I love. Since I was 10 I would go into shops and look at all the beautiful equipment, it didn't matter if it was playing music, I was happy to look at the pretty hi-fi machines and lust over the different designs.
If I want to listen to music I play flac via the TV hifi, if I want to listen to my stereo I select songs that sound good not what I want to hear, its about the stereo not the music.
Old 15th February 2012, 09:52 AM   #12
chris661 is offline chris661  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

... "I never did care for music much, it's the high fidelity!" - this was someone's signature on here for a while.

Its an interesting outlook, one that I suppose we all follow to some extent or other - I suspect very few of us play "rubbish" through our systems: we're all chasing what sounds good.

To the OP, do you play any musical instruments? I've found money is better spent there, as (IMHO) you can enjoy yourself much more making music than listening to it. For example, I recently (without even trying it) bought a 2nd hand bass head for 150. I bought it because the brand has a reputation for being reliable, it has a graphic eq and ~300w on tap.

I don't think I could do the same for hifi without some serious reading up first.

Chris
Old 15th February 2012, 10:10 AM   #13
lduarte1973 is offline lduarte1973  Portugal
Banned

To me it has always been about the music , never stoped bying music to save for the gear.Of corse i like good gear like the audiolab 8200cdq , but i cant have everything i want
Old 15th February 2012, 10:55 PM   #14
revboden is offline revboden  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 210 View Post
Dear diyaudio members!

Bla Bla Bla.

Nevertheless, I feel totally ashamed!
Please forgive me!!
Ok, say ten Hail Marantz, and The Audiophiles Creed until you think Cable Elevators help a system sound better and you'll be fine.
Old 16th February 2012, 07:35 AM   #15
chris661 is offline chris661  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by revboden View Post
Ok, say ten Hail Marantz, and The Audiophiles Creed until you think Cable Elevators help a system sound better and you'll be fine.
We're going to end up with some kind of initiation ceremony at this rate.
Old 16th February 2012, 09:35 AM   #16
overtheairbroadcast is offline overtheairbroadcast  Canada
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 210 View Post
Dear diyaudio members!

I have to confess you, that I am an ordinary damn lying *******!!!

I haven't got a CD-Player with upscaling,
just a MP3-Player from my uncle (a present for my 13th birthday last year).

I also don't have a DAC with Alpha-processing, I've only read about it in the internet.

And I don't have high quality active speakers, just a little battery powered docking station.

But one thing is true, I have a lot of music (more than 50 songs, recorded on my mp3-player).

Nevertheless, I feel totally ashamed!
Please forgive me!!
"Argument from ignorance may be used as a rationalization by a person who realizes that he has no reason for holding the belief that he does."

Just because you don't have the equipment, it doesn't mean that you can not find and get any. Therefore, you are not a liar.
Old 18th February 2012, 06:22 AM   #17
210 is offline 210  Germany
diyAudio Member

Exclamation Super Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke View Post
I've never cared for the music as much as the gear. Sure its about sound quality, but for me its the gear that I love. Since I was 10 I would go into shops and look at all the beautiful equipment, it didn't matter if it was playing music, I was happy to look at the pretty hi-fi machines and lust over the different designs.
Maserati MC12 corsa with capristo exhaust Maserati MC12 corsa with capristo exhaust. - YouTube
Old 18th February 2012, 06:24 AM   #18
210 is offline 210  Germany
diyAudio Member

Default Love in reverse...

@Sonic: Your daughter will leave you if she met me.
Old 18th February 2012, 06:48 AM   #19
Lavcat is offline Lavcat  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris661 View Post
... "I never did care for music much, it's the high fidelity!" - this was someone's signature on here for a while.
That's been my signature on Head-Fi for several years.
Old 18th February 2012, 09:57 AM   #20
M Gregg is offline M Gregg  England
Account disabled at member's request

Assuming the original post isn't a lie,
And the OP has megga buck EQ..
Then everyones got to start somewhere.

The question has got to be what bought the OP to this site?
What was the intent?

Regards
M. Gregg

HELP, I'm a LIAR!!!Hide this!Advertise here!