Audio site Danger Trojan

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Audiogon sent a reply to my emails to them finally. They said they were looking into it. OK. Well I should still wait awhile before testing that potential trap again. I have also read of other audio sites getting attacked. SO it is Chinese bug? Don't they want to sell us alot of audio gear? Look at the ebay listings. Maybe they are trying to shut down sites that do not feature Chinese brands, or something! I an still on XP because this computer still works for my purposes and I don't really want to rush out and buy a new computer right now. Money and the economy, you know.

Audiogon sent a reply to my emails to them finally. They said they were looking into it. OK. Well I should still wait awhile before testing that potential trap again. I have also read of other audio sites getting attacked. SO it is Chinese bug? Don't they want to sell us alot of audio gear? Look at the ebay listings. Maybe they are trying to shut down sites that do not feature Chinese brands, or something! I an still on XP because this computer still works for my purposes and I don't really want to rush out and buy a new computer right now. Money and the economy, you know.

I don't think it is some country or nationality related. Most probably it is still the same computer crime that hijacks access to computers of Internet users. A picture was mentioned above; it looks like a well known method to infect many portals that allow to insert links on pictures. People in order to see the picture click on ink that contains request on a picture from already infected site, but instead of a picture the site returns some executable code that contains trojan horse that opens backdoor to the computer for computer criminals. Then they use hijacked computers for further attacks, and you may not know that your computer attacks some government, military, or financial sites.

As I suggested already, if you still run XP you have to check it periodically. The only method to check it is to boot your computer from CD that mounts your disk drives and checks it while viruses and other garbage can't run and protect itself from antivirus.

You may go there, download fresh CD image, burn it on CD, and boot from it:

http://www.avira.com/en/support-download-avira-antivir-rescue-system

Last edited:
There are actually safe ways to use the internet. Just not as easy and not free. These are not cheap. The companies who make this stuff spent a lot and intend to make a lot. We know how to stop well over 99.9% of what is out there. Every day it is the same old attack or just some slight variation. I blame the system operators for the problem. Lazy, arrogant, uninformed. All the little script kiddies causing so much trouble would have to go back to picking their noses if the SA's did their job. BTW, I spent many a year as an SA.

Wave, BTW, there are firewalls that can run tens of thousands of rules at backbone line speeds. You can actually black list or white list addresses. You can do deep packet inspection. Not for free. I will PM you a list of companies if you like.

Oh yea, XP works just fine thank you.

Suddenly that external USB hard drive pays off, that is if you have a backup. If you have important info on your puter and you play on the web, you should have at least 1 (external) backup, two is better. It makes re-installation a bit less painfull.:h_ache:

True dat ..... !!!

Superantispyware gets rid of it in lest than 5 minutes,,and its free. This is a chinese trojan that want you to buy their program after they give you the virus. clever arent,they. Evette

Didn't work for me this last time , i had to do a complete wipe ...:rolleyes:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.