RIP - Stevie Ray Vaughan

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.

6L6

Joined 2010
Paid Member
Even if his music is not your cup of tea, it is nigh impossible to dislike it -- he was just that good.

The old adage "I like all music as long as it's good music!" applies to SRV.

Don't be sad that he is gone - be thankful that he made some fantastic recordings and we have them to listen to.

Joined 2007
Paid Member
Happy Birthday, Stevie!

I remember laying on a blanket, looking up at the stars at Auditorium Shores, sweet thing laying next me...and you pouring out your soul on guitar. A beautiful moment, indeed.

And then suddenly, a face in my face, yelling at me..."YOU GOT ANY POT, MAN?!?!?"

Ahhhhhh, so Austin....

I have a funny memory of SRV and Double Trouble. A fellow I worked with put on a school at the Oregon State Pen. Interested inmates were taught how to set up PA systems for concerts. It was called the Roadie school. Local organizations raised money and helped acquire sound system equipment. After a period the inmates decided to see if they could get in touring bands to come play inside the prison. SRV said yes. I went with my workmate. We all assembled in the lobby. Stevie was wearing all black with lots of SW. silver. There was a band around his hat, his boots had it inlayed, and his belt as well. He was just in front of me as we went through the huge metal detector. Each time he entered it, a alarm went off, and he had to take off some cloths. He finally made it though with his hat, boots, and shirt off holding his pants from falling down. He was a good sport and put on a great show for the prisoners who chose to see the show. RIP SRV

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.