The Interesting Facts Thread

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Curious me, how many miles do you own ?

A couple of yards!

For me, it's the thought that these people don't know that they're not going to drop dead tomorrow, and they'll certainly be old in a few years. But they'd rather spend what's left of their precious time in a crappy office, fiddling about with the minutiae of making even more money and then coming home in the dark - like ordinary people have to.

One person can't spend a fraction of a billion pounds in a lifetime, so it must be that if a billionaire gets up at 6 am to be driven through rush hour to a culturally bereft building where he spends the day answering emails and phone calls, and talking to people in shiny suits, then he cannot think of anything he would rather be doing.

Last edited:
then he cannot think of anything he would rather be doing.

You don't think :
A - Quite a large percentage scores the B-thing through inheritance.
B - Or pass the mark within a decade through a stock buy-out, in a global market situation of too much excess cash. (that turns sour within a couple of years)
C - Or write Harry Rotter books.
D - Or are scam artists. (Mr Chelsea)

Last edited:
A couple of yards!

For me, it's the thought that these people don't know that they're not going to drop dead tomorrow, and they'll certainly be old in a few years. But they'd rather spend what's left of their precious time in a crappy office, fiddling about with the minutiae of making even more money and then coming home in the dark - like ordinary people have to.

One person can't spend a fraction of a billion pounds in a lifetime, so it must be that if a billionaire gets up at 6 am to be driven through rush hour to a culturally bereft building where he spends the day answering emails and phone calls, and talking to people in shiny suits, then he cannot think of anything he would rather be doing.

Is defining wealthy people as necessarily unhappy a way of absolving jealousy or what?

John

The couple of TX crude B$ good ol'boys i've met seemed a happier bunch than CT. :clown:

Those who barely pass the 0.1B$ mark are likely the ones living on the fast lane.
Example : a real estate guy overhere had two yachts on sale, totalling +300ft of length and $70M. (one just withdrawn from sale for the charter season)
He even made a special deal with the IRS to make it the largest registered sailing yacht overhere.
Interesting part is that the entire family business assets amount to barely three times that number.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-Kp5y_eyp9i8/Tb9AcbnO2qI/AAAAAAAAAek/_ANNSsYGsZk/s1600/100_3393.JPG

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.