The food thread

Up to 130F internal temp, and hoping to be done in another hour at 250F.

Attachments

• 130F.jpg
    130F.jpg
    445 KB · Views: 111
It is too much work for one bird, but not so bad for two. We will have over 7# of sliced turkey left over to be vacuum sealed and frozen for later consumption.

I will put each carcass in the pressure cooker with a quart of water after slicing whatever I can.

That will yield an additional pound of nuggets plus broth.

Cal, your thrift is going to be your undoing! ;)

First methanol hand sanitizer now Teflon spray on your smoking pucks.......Teflon releases toxic gasses when burnt, silicone also although not as extreme as Teflon. So a spray would transmit enough material to your pucks to concern even me.....and I’ve been drinkin out of mud puddles and eatin road kill since I was a small child! :D

Joined 2002
Paid Member
BTW why do they spell goat two different ways on the label? It's fun to use my high school Greek to sound out the words phonetically.
gidino” , “gidisio”, then there is a third one : “katsikisio”. All mean exactly the same (goat’s ... )
Scott, how do you use this cheese ?

If you like hard table cheese, you may try some of the "graviera" cheese from Crete.
There are many producers, tastes vary but the more aged/seasoned(>year) and hard, the better (and pricier).

George

I am kind of partial to Manchego cheese.

This family of Greek chesses is very similar (I frequently buy a piece of Manchego), but here almost 1/2 the price. BTW Spain makes maybe the strongest cheese in the world, Cabrales. There are a lot of interesting disconnects in the cheese world, the biggest maybe Munster. In Germany Munster is a soft washed rind cheese and incredibly stinky, here it's some soft gummy bland industrial cheese.

This family of Greek chesses is very similar (I frequently buy a piece of Manchego), but here almost 1/2 the price. BTW Spain makes maybe the strongest cheese in the world, Cabrales. There are a lot of interesting disconnects in the cheese world, the biggest maybe Munster. In Germany Munster is a soft washed rind cheese and incredibly stinky, here it's some soft gummy bland industrial cheese.

There is a very stinky Norwegian cheese called Gammelost that ends up looking like a bit of sandstone. My Father loved it, but was only allowed to keep it in the fridge to reduce the smell a bit.

There is a very stinky Norwegian cheese called Gammelost that ends up looking like a bit of sandstone. My Father loved it, but was only allowed to keep it in the fridge to reduce the smell a bit.

Try "epoisses" some-time. The aroma of a seldom-emptied diaper pail.

Perhaps the "bachelor farmer cheese" of the songster/comedian Garrison Keillor, now sin-binned by the wokies and me-too crowd.