The food thread

I prefer stone ground yellow grits. The white ones have no flavor to me.

Grits are a canvas on which a painter works.

For two servings:

3TBSP grits
1-1/2 cup water
Garlic powder
Onion powder
diced onion
diced jalapeno
chicken stock (leave out the water, or bouillon with water)
1 tsp parmasean
a dash of salt
cook till thickened over a low to medium burner.

Add at your discretion:

1/4 cup shredded taco cheese
diced tomatoes
bacon bits or fried bacon

I roast the pumpkin first (with some onions) then thicken with red lentils and chuck in a few chillis to add some zing.

Another nice way to do pumpkin: Drizzle some olive oil in a rimmed baking sheet. Cut some wedges of pumpkin with the skin on, lay them in the oil. Toss in some sprigs of rosemary and thyme and some halved, unpeeled garlic cloves, drizzle more oil over all and season with salt and pepper. Roast in a hot oven until the pumpkin is tender, let cool slightly. Boil some penne. Cut the peel from the cooked pumpkin, discard the herbs and garlic, coarsely chop the pumpkin flesh and toss with the left over oil from the pan. Drain the penne and toss with the pumpkin, which becomes almost like a sauce but with some chunks. Grate a bit of parmesan over the pasta.

Another nice way to do pumpkin:
I sometimes do it they way I do Kabocha. The Chinese dim sum sauce they use for the spareribs. ie: fried in a cut back black bean base.
it’s good n’all but three days! :rolleyes:
It's not only tasty, it's good for you inside and out. Soul food.
Took me four days to knock off the lamb leg. I have 5 more in the freezer. Can't help myself sometimes. Maybe I'll grind the next one for burgers.

Last edited: