Rules you have for watching or not watching a movie.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Mr Depp has great taste for boats though.

(Suzuki T400 or TS400)

Attachments

• 2007-07-12-Vajoliroja-Elba-01.jpg
    2007-07-12-Vajoliroja-Elba-01.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 112
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Here's what I've come to appreciate: We have Netflix, and our DVD list is over 100 titles long, which means a movie doesn't show up in the mailbox for a year or more after we add it, by which time I don't remember anything about it, or who's in it, and all the hype has passed. So when I pop it in the player, everything is a complete surprise! (It's usually a pleasant surprise, since I was attracted to it when I put it on the list.) Nowadays I don't even want to know what the cover looks like.

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
The only fans of old wood boats are the people who can afford to pay someone else to maintain them

Not really. I lived on a 45' wooden boat built in about 1948. I did a lot of the maintenance, but didn't get paid! Although we did have a buddy come stay with us and he got paid for maintenance with room and board for a few months. So kinda. The work is never ending.

"If God had meant us to build plastic boats, he would have given us fiberglass trees."

Disabled Account
Joined 2004
I think God want us to keep rowing - as a penitence for being bad guys. OTOH, the Devil gave us speed and whale crashing. BTW, whaling is a dangerous sport too. Check urban dictionary to understand what I mean.

Getting back on topic: Moby Dick is an entertaining movie. Peck was wonderfully nutty.

Disabled Account
Joined 2007
No rules man...Rules are for fools! :clown:
I'll watch anything that I think might be interesting and then make my determination on its worth. If I'm projectile vomiting 20 minutes in, I may stop watching..
Some actors I don't like (Mark Ruffalo comes to mind) but I'll still watch.
A great movie: "Leaving Las Vegas" has probably one of the most over-rated actors (The personification of South Park's Mr. Mackey - Nicolas Cage). Elisabeth Shue carried the movie and HE won the Oscar! Insane!

Goodie, Johnny's back in town.
(Here's Johnny for some maybe, i hope)

Big deal, David dick Caruso enables me to do vomit launching within 20 seconds, single frame head who can perform the same part 24/7 from kindergarten till daisy time, what a natural.

Attachments

• HeresJohnny.jpg
    HeresJohnny.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 92
Last edited:
Disabled Account
Joined 2004
He was very good in "Adaptation".

I saw that movie (not without some troubles) last night. Not enough with one Mr. Cage, we get too! :crazy: Even though I was stoned I didn't enjoy the hallucinatory nature of the script. To think that my beloved Meryl Streep was involved in that. The orchids were beautiful but the movie wasn't.

I also found out who Ebert is. Gives 4 stars to Avatar. Enough said. :D

Rule #348 - Never trust a "celebrity critic"; especially if it looks like a moron and definitely writes like one.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.