New and Improved!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Some of you may remember! Have fun! I hope I do not infringe on any patent laws! E

Attachments

• Image-01.JPG
    Image-01.JPG
    557 KB · Views: 144
  • Image-02.JPG
    Image-02.JPG
    465 KB · Views: 145
Disabled Account
Joined 2004
Austin lies on the j axis. That's why I love living here.

"Austin is one of the safest places on earth.
I have a true annecdote to illustrate. While we lived there, we were a 1 car family and my wife often took public transit.
One hot Friday afternoon the bus pulls over to let on a passenger. A big MOFO black dude. He pulls a gun on the driver and demands all the cash. At the time they still dropped coins in a box.
All of a sudden 4 or 5 other passengers seated behind my wife stand up and point their handguns at this dude and tell him to get the F*** off the bus. He backs out the door and runs away. Everybody sits down and the drive continues. Not a shot was fired. The incident didn't even make the local paper."

SY, How big is your gun?

Sorry for being off topic mickeymoose. I couldn't resist. :D

Robert Heinlein once observed that an armed society is a polite society. My experience here is certainly consistent with that- people are INCREDIBLY nice and polite. I contrast that with my hometown of Baltimore, which has very strict controls on carrying weapons. Last weekend, more people were shot in Baltimore than all of last year in Austin. And Austin is about 2-3 times bigger.

The downside is that there's such a great music scene that I spend much more time listening to live music than to my stereo. Wait a minute, I guess that isn't a downside...

Stalker: You are not of topic! This is the lounge. They said no politics or religion, nothing about guns!
I live in the great white North (just South of Sarah Palin) and we do not need guns to be polite!
And to Sy: I grew up a German, see what got that society into, guns and all.
But, when it comes to music, I gladly proclaim my heritage!
E

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.