Why Would Anyone

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Last edited:
Lookin' good! :eek:

Hey, I'll try (almost) anything once.

I had a roommate in college. He finally convinced me to try his absolute favorite... PEANUT BUTTER AND MAYONNAISE ON TOAST! Finally, I relented. He toasted the bread, topped it with a nice thick layer of peanut butter, and then spread a ~1/4" (6 mm) layer of mayonnaise on top top of that. I tried a (one) bite. :whacko:

I'll never try that again!

Lesson: Some things should never go in your mouth.

Looney

I'm sorry but I bow to no-one in my appreciation of the magical pie. We pursue the Perfect Pie with all the zeal and fanaticism that some direct toward audio. Our car's license plate is PZA. We import Tipo Fino 00 flour and San Marzano DOP tomatoes from Italy. Our only kitchen decoration is a garish, flashing LED sign for a pizzeria.

So, all that said... mayo on pizza is wrong. Salsa on pizza is wrong. Pineapple on pizza is wrong. Someone may like it (god knows why), but the result cannot be called "pizza." Call it "pizzacotta" or "pizzoidish," it ain't pizza.

How would I *like* to? With a wood-burning oven, of course! :D

First, it's essential to have a pro-quality pizza stone. Most of the cheap cooking store versions are not much more than toys. Second, gas oven. I've never gotten the best results from electric. Third, highest temperature possible. Most ovens only go to 550°F. Consideration of safety would NEVER allow me to suggest bypassing the interlocks of your oven and using the self-clean cycle to get things up to 800°F or so. No, I can't POSSIBLY suggest that- it would be WRONG. In any case, you want a long preheat, at least two hours.

We're already planning our woodburning oven project. That will go out on the back porch.

The results.

Attachments

• pizza.jpg
    pizza.jpg
    170.4 KB · Views: 337
The best pizza in the world was on Webster Avenue in the Bronx, across from the El Dorado Bar, the second best was the little stand under the 3rd Avenue El at Fordham Rd. in the Bronx, the third best was some little place in Sienna.

#3 son tried putting a pizza oven in the back yard, but the township didn't like the idea.

You need the best water to make the best pizza, that's why NJ pizza is inferior to NY pizza.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.