What are you drinking?

Does anyone here produce audio furniture? Any such topics?

I did many years ago. A shelf made of pine - offcuts from the furniture factory in Valga, Estonia where I was working at that time. The shelf, about waist height and approx 1 meter wide is still in my possession but holds various electronic skräp.

(Figure out what 'skräp' is!)

I am drink a Störtebeker Baltic-lager. I hate lager, but this one was EXTREMELY GOOD and drinkable. Lager is for people who wants to get drunk but don't like beer.:Pirate:

Stoertebeker_BaltikLager.jpg

Attachments

• DSCF2965.jpg
    DSCF2965.jpg
    982.3 KB · Views: 105
Last edited:
Once again I realized that beer is supposedly cheap alcohol for the poor. Wine is much more interesting.
Yes and no.
In my opinion. lager is a cheap brew made for people who wants to get dizzy by drinking a lot. However there are so much to beer than Carlsberg or Staropramen or Heineken.
And wine comes in all kinds of qualities as well, from Vino Blasco Espagnol to the most profound Amaro.
Add to that your personal preferences.

Vino Blasco Espagnal, was the nickname of a low-Q low-budget Wine sold in Swedish liquor stores ages ago. It was named Vino Blanco Espagnol, but got the 'Blasco', meaning washy.

Skräp - junk.

Show a couple of links to such garbage. And how much they cost. Maybe they are also sold here under the guise of good foreign wine. Although many have already realized that in an inexpensive segment of wine from the south of Russia, they easily argue with wines for $ 20 from Australia or France. Although our prices are probably different, I think below.
Lager can also be very tasty. I always thought that Lager is primarily a kind of very light beer and that Mexican or Egyptian beer is mainly of this kind. But most likely lager is a feature of technology.

Last edited:
I'm one of those people, the ones who disagree that "more hops equals more enjoyment" in beer. For me, Ayinger Celebrator (Doppelbock from Germany) is hard to beat. I also enjoy Negra Modelo (lager from Mexico) very much.

Having draft Hacker-Pschorr Pilsner less than a mile from the brewery remains one of my fondest beer memories.

BTW we made a large donation to a local college two years running in return for a tasting of the entire line of the local distributors of Ayinger for 35+ guests. They donated it to a silent auction.

Sipping some nice Silver Tequila while eating leftover lasagna as motivation to mow the lawn on my first day off in 21 days, or perhaps I will just continue on sippin as it's supposed to be hot out today. Then again a lawn mower stripped of it's stupid safety features and a nice Tequila buzz sound like good times to me! :) Arriba!

I'm one of those people, the ones who disagree that "more hops equals more enjoyment" in beer. For me, Ayinger Celebrator (Doppelbock from Germany) is hard to beat. I also enjoy Negra Modelo (lager from Mexico) very much.

I really like that (Ayinger)beer, had some for the first time at the world expo in Vancouver in 1986, been a fan ever since.

I really like Negra Modelo when it’s warm out.

Lately it’s been Session premium lager, from Full Sail for me.

Last edited:
Home made Apple Pie. My own recipe which I will gladly share.

One of the issues with apple pie is keeping the % up while adding apple flavor.

I use local shine, and add Seneca Apple Juice concentrate but I don't add the whole container. I drop it into a strainer so that the liquid separates from the frozen water. This keeps me from diluting the shine too much.

Last edited:
So, counter to the usual American stereotype of mother's-in-law, mine is fabulous and had given me some fabulous vintage ports over many years, some of which landed in my "wine cellar." I've had some from about 1977 on, all consumed in the last 10-15 years. Wonderful! Tonight I cracked open (literally - the cork was pretty dried up) a bottle of 2000 Taylor Fladgate port. Sipping some while listening to All Things Must Pass on my DIY 13EM7 SE amp based on Gary Kaufman's direct coupled amp with my son who is 16. I can't comment on the nuances of either the port or the music right now, but let's just say I'm happy!

If you look closely at the second, you'll see some fungus on the cork and bottle neck. No apparent ill effect on the wine.

Cheers all!

Attachments

• IMG_4534.jpg
    IMG_4534.jpg
    562.2 KB · Views: 125
  • IMG_4535.jpg
    IMG_4535.jpg
    505.8 KB · Views: 121