What are you drinking?

Had to have a beer after dinner, nearly empty now. Diy ale ca 7%.

Attachments

• 1539882462798..jpg
    1539882462798..jpg
    368.9 KB · Views: 100
Bloody Mary with clam juice.:D
Actually the Clamato is not just tomato juice with clam nectar, there's more to it than that but close enough for a comparison.
Another popular pub drink up here is the 'Clam pint'. It's what you call a Chelada. It's like a 'red eye' but again, tomato juice is substituted with Clamato.

What I'm drinking? ... Alcohol! And I did have a glass of some vegan type of milk that I really like a lot, oats and almonds.
I've had another of those homemade beers, and I had a bottle of home made blueberry wine, also a few glasses of rum mixed with some carbonated sugary beverage kindofthing.
Was playing rock'nroll racing on a snes emulator with a friendly neighbour. big fun. been a while. Too bad I gotta get up early tomorrow. This being grown up thing is not that fun.

While I did manage to celebrate it yesterday with my son in law in Bermuda, we repeated today our recognition of International Gin & Tonic day. Victoria Distillers Cocktail, or Empress 1908 Gin, muddled cumcumber & mint, tonic & twist of lime. Who’d a thunk cucumber in a cocktail? Followed tonight by a traditional Bermudan Rum swizzler.

Using one of those Granite ice cubes.
Just the other eveneing, a chemist on a popular TV show where people get answers to their often asked questions, explained WHY water is often added to whiskey.
Especially smokey liquors contain a chemical substance with very heavy tones, but this substance is solved by the alcohol. If the % of the drink is lowered to 40%, this substance is suddenly released and floats or lingers on top of the drink and will enhance the taste.
So if your favourite whiskey or mezcal is well above 40% (80 proof), add a little water to lower the percentage and loose the aromas loose!