What are you drinking?

I grow many of the herbs myself, including Artemisia Absinthium, Artemisia Pontica, Fennel of Florence, Lemon Balm, Veronica, and Hissops.

I mail order Spanish Anise, and purchase peppermint, spearmint and other herbs and flowers from the local healthfood store.

I use cheap brandy for the base.

Mkane77g: Sounds good. :cheers: would love to see a pic.
Phil

Here the empty. Nice wine. I demolished that porterhouse. Should have had the butcher cut a 3# chunk instead of 2.

Attachments

• DSC_0457.JPG
    DSC_0457.JPG
    116.3 KB · Views: 83
Thanks for that. Syrah is a favorite. And a Riedel pinot glass if I'm not mistaken. I'm having a very nice bourbon Old-Fashioned but wine and food are right up there with music in my book - funny how they all go together - mostly......... New Mexico is what is known as a "C" market so we miss out on a lot of different wines but still enough good stuff for me.

Local beef filets here tonight. I used to be able to knock off a big porterhouse but 10 oz or so is my max these days. Don't mean to digress from beverages....... Trying to decide what to have with the steaks.

We just spent a few days in New Mexico. Monsoons made it really green. Beautiful. I also like Old Fashions. Low Gap & Alley 6 are from local distillers. You got the wine glass right. We drink quite a bit of wine living in the heart of wine country.

Attachments

• DSC_0458.JPG
    DSC_0458.JPG
    141 KB · Views: 83
@mkane77: Wish I knew you were in NM, could have given you some booze hints. Glad you enjoyed it - this is the best time of year here. If you're thru again in the future, my favorite New Mexico distillery is KGB Spirits...after the founders. They were one of the first and their Taos Lightning line of ryes and bourbons is uniformly good. I don't know how widely they're distributed in the US.

-Phil