What are you drinking?

Pale Ale. Oh wait it's only 1 pm here. Uh...nothing, I'm drinking nothing.

Attachments

• IMG_5775.jpg
    IMG_5775.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 432
I've taken to infusing rum with banana, I'm pretty pleased with it.

750 ml of Cruzan single barrel estate rum (or your choice)
1 or maybe 2 bananas cut into disks
steeped together for 2 weeks.
Fruit removed, then booze filtered through cheesecloth then coffee filters.
Allowed to rest for 2 more weeks. Perhaps another filter, as needed.
Enjoy!

I enjoyed scotch for a while, but then realized I like bourbon more. Some stuff called "Corner Creek" is my current fave.

Various beers are an easy choice as well.

My local brew house has been producing this for a little while now...great after work, when thirsty and hungry.

"Imperial Stout, also known as Russian Imperial Stout, was originally conceived as a British export beer in the 18th century to the Russian royal court of Catherine the Great. It was specifically brewed to a higher alcohol content of 7-12% to prevent freezing in the colder northern climate.

Howe Sound Brewery’s latest incarnation of their Pothole Filler Imperial Stout, first introduced in draught form during the 2008 Great Canadian Beer Festival in Victoria, has evolved over the years into a beautifully balanced stout that is now available in 1 litre bottles for the first time.

Pothole Filler is a strong, dark beer that has an aroma of chocolate liquor, roasted malt and toffee. The beer pours into the glass a dark opaque brown, almost black, and forms a long-lasting, rich and creamy tanned head that leaves behind a beautiful spider lace on the glass when consumed.

This thick, full flavoured beer boasts a mountain of malt character (6 varieties were used), with subtle hints of hops and deeper notes of chocolate, dark-roasted coffee and blackstrap molasses. The mouth-feel is rich and silky and has a mild alcohol bite that enters mid-palate and smooths into a bittersweet chocolate malt aftertaste. This is one of Howe Sound’s best efforts to date.

Suggested pairings: a well-aged Gouda cheese, roasted meats such as lamb or bison, or cheesecake. "

Attachments

• howe-sound-pothole-filler.jpg
    howe-sound-pothole-filler.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 391
I've grown pretty fond of this stuff:

422759935_3d100a812c.jpg

And this:

DSC05579.jpg

As well as this:

4036589367_42a30832eb.jpg

Strong stuff - we've nicknamed it "Casket Strength".

John

I have a friend (who must be 50 by now) whose grandfather gave him an entire cask at his birth. That's about 250 bottles give or take, definately thinking ahead. He chose wisely, aged McCallan goes for big $$$ probably four figures at 50yr.