What are you drinking?

LE NATUREL | AROA

And this is the general description
Natural wine, then, is made from grapes not sprayed with pesticides or herbicides. Natural winemakers handpick their grapes instead of relying on machines to harvest them. ... The purest of the pure — naturally fermented grape juice with no sulfites — is often called “zero-zero,” referring to the lack of added anything.

But organic or biodynamic itself is not enough to be a natural wine, at least not in Denmark

Last edited:
The indicated vegetarian symbol means that no organic materials such as egg whites are used for clarification.
https://ic.pics.livejournal.com/vovapotapov/50275832/59549/original.jpg

Apparently no chemistry, proteins and foreign yeast are used.
OriginAroa is a “boutique” winery, in D.O. Navarra, where wine and Organic methods of cultivating go hand in hand. Carefully salected vinyards, located in the highest and colest area of the region, manual harvest and special treatment during vinification. Organic farming on fresh calcareous clay soils.Harvest: Manual harvest of selected grapes, at the middle of October. Selections of berries at the sorting table.Winemaking: Short maceration, only 5 days with the minimum possible intervention. The malolactic fermentation takes place in a 12,000 litre vats.

Last edited:
Cantina Della Torre Inzolia Pino Grigio. 3.77 USD Cantina della Torre Inzolia - Pinot Grigio U.V. | Wine Info.
Smell of acacia, grapefruit. Taste fresh, simple, weak body, mineral. Not bad instead of mineral water for a meal, but nothing more. I wouldn't buy it a second time.
Also found for those who live in the US Oak Grove Vineyard Dry Muscat Ottonel, give it a try! Most likely this is also a crazy wine like our dry Muscat Ottonel from Fanagoria. Patricia Green Cellars Oak Grove Vineyard Dry Muscat Ottonel U.V. | Wine Info

Rum

In recognition of the 50th anniversary of black tot day (31st july) I decided to do a Navy rum blend. Not bad, might have to do it again....and again.

Attachments

• 20200803_203055.jpg
    20200803_203055.jpg
    179.8 KB · Views: 118
I'll tell you what I know about Wine:

864508d1596126445-drinking-15961262100831887574849397223699_copy_600x1094-jpg

Grenache is an inoffensive grape suitable for White, Rose and Red wine. Can be drunk warm or cold.

I used to go on my annual holiday to St. Thibery near Beziers in the Languedoc.

Our annual host was farmer Freddie. A man of many secrets. But he warmed to us, and occasionally let his tongue slip. :D

The Tourists were usually wowed by the Pont Romain in the village. But Freddie explained it was totally fake. Strictly for Tourists.

"The true Pont Romain" is elsewhere, he said.

"Alors, Freddie, Ou est le vrai Pont Romain?" :cool:

"Why, within a hundred metres of where you are sitting! On my land." And pointed a finger.

And it was. I wandered off to the nearby Roman Road Le Voie Domitien, fought through brambles and scorpions and found the darned thing. We'd driven over it every day and not noticed it.

Freddie also revealed the secrets of Wine and Garlic. But for another day, peut-etre.