What are you drinking?

I have 3 daughters , C2 . 1 likes classical music and playin' her new yamaha grand piano. The other 2 are artists and are satisfied with their graphics tablets.
I would never train them to "burn" through money , this new generation is about to have quite a wakeup call ... SOON! I taught my kids to build their own computers , create their own entertainment . The gift of knowledge far exceeds anything monetary I could ever give them. One kid even helps me "make da ampz" , listens to them ... tells me whether they "suck" or have the "thumbs up"... way cool. :cool::cool:

PS - the oldest daughter is smarter than me (the classical fan) , she was accepted to Harvard .. full tuition. Turned it down for maryville college in tenn.

OS

Last edited:
Don't misunderstand - the girls don't waste $$$$ - they just need stuff that girls need and it adds up quick. I'm gonna stop on this subject (no offense) 'cause it's getting to OT. Go get back to ur drink'n and enjoy da New Year!!!

Minutes for their cellphones and gas for the car .... arggggg!!! :D
Nothing is OT here , what 's ya listening to .?? Van halen flac- the whole discography is on here now !! The sound , drink and crazy graphics (below) are definitely "trippy" :)

Man , we have come so far since the 80's (my first DIY's).
OS

Attachments

• trippy.jpg
    trippy.jpg
    113.3 KB · Views: 90
Hey OS - Congratulations on your amps - I'm glad you are happy with them. I hope I get a chance to build a couple later this year. I gotta wait until 17 (18 in June) GD is outta here - then I might be able to save up a bit of building money to play with. Until then - ain't no wayyyyyyyy - 17 Y/O females BURN through $$$$$. BUT she is no match for NaNa - NaNa is a seasoned pro - the two of them combined - heck I'm lucky I can afford my decaf!!

BTW - according to the threads I think that Terry O. and I might be the only sober ones around at the moment. :rolleyes:

I'm thinking of building an amp this next year and I'm still looking around, although I think I know what I want to build. However, I have a buffered line stage I designed that I need to complete first.

As for kids and grandkids they are costly. My youngest son is still at home (15 years old), but I've been a parent for so long that I can't remember when I wasn't.

Sober? Yes, ...unfortunately :D

Best Regards,
Terry

Next year I'll check them out. :D

Actually, I looked rather quickly at your site a bit ago, very impressive.

Best regards,
TerryO

Where you live is the most impressive place I have ever been to. Ho rainforest , Mt constance, rainier. OMG , the most beautiful place there is. The inspiration of this landscape is always in my head !!

I then biked from there to here (tenn.) WOW ! the west rules !! (below)The bike and cart from bremerton ,wash. to knoxville , tenn. 62 days

OS

Attachments

• bike-cart.jpg
    bike-cart.jpg
    130 KB · Views: 82
Last edited:
Where you live is the most impressive place I have ever been to. Ho rainforest , Mt constance, rainier. OMG , the most beautiful place there is. The inspiration of this landscape is always in my head !!

I then biked from there to here (tenn.) WOW ! the west rules !!

OS

The Hoh Rainforest (230+ inches of rain/year) is about a couple of miles from where my Dad grew up. No roads of any sort in those days, you paddled up the river in a dugout to the Quinault Indian Reservation and then went from there. My Dad's school had 14 kids in 12 grades and 8 were from the same family!

Another spot that's staggering, as far as scenery, is Hurricane Ridge near Pt. Angeles. Good hiking and a lot to see (It's part of the Olympic National Forest).

Best Regards,
TerryO