Moderation and members no longer around

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
www.hifisonix.com
Joined 2003
Paid Member
There is a Forum (Keil.com) that has no moderation. I posted a few qyestions on there (I am a software hack - absolute beginner), and all I got was insults, guys taking the mick and finally a thread jacking that I could not believe. Really a bad site (funnily enough, Keil is owned by ARM, which is very well respeced). I decided not to post there anymore and my parting shot was 'this forum is in serious need of some moderation'. So, while many people don't like moderation, I think its actually quite good. Sure, th e mods will not get it right everytime. But think of the alternative. Think about how diyAudio would look if it was a free for all. No thank you.

The idea of a "Yellow Card" system is not without substantial risk. There is a percentage of people who will play the game of "dare" in such circumstances.

I really do believe that a single fair Mod's warning is ample before Bin Time is given. It is not as though the Bin has had many new occupants of late anyway!

I also agree that those who are close to the limit of toleration with their posts, i.e. flamers, general agitators and the like, should have their contribution transferred to a reinstated Texas. After all it can be fun to read these when bored, but they can disrupt threads. Perhaps the thread owner could contact a mod re any such posts which he would like to have moved.

Whilst on it, I also believe that members with less than a dozen posts should not be able to access PMs.....I have had an attempted scam from a new, single post member when I attempted to sell a preamplifier on Swap Meet.

What I am very pleased to see is that the rudest, most persistently insulting member has elected voluntary to take his acidity elsewhere!:cool:

No Stinius, but I am very pleased to confirm that you may rest assured that it is NOT you to whom I refered, you may be direct but not rude or acidic.

Regarding location I would remind you that it is a maxim of the wise that we do not ask the question until we know the answer.

Good luck.

SY....I am somewhat of a dither over not seeing more on this subject from your electronic pen for in these dark days man tends to look for little shafts of light that spill from Heaven. My days are probably darker than yours, and I need, my God I do, all the light I can get. But I am a decent fellow, and I do not want to be mean and selfish so I now withdraw the comments made in the previous post!

(with apologies to you know who:D)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.