This is all going terribly wrong

Status
Not open for further replies.
An outsiders perspective:

Of course I wouldn’t make light of any of the acrimony that’s developed here. I spend a little too much time every day enjoying the knowledge and opinions of almost everybody on the forum. Occasionally I'll jump in and mumble about stuff, but not too much, I don’t actually get to build many things these days.

I also enjoy the occasional well-formed argument. I seem to get at least one a day. It seems that five years ago I ( a reformed New Yorker, but chronic Yankee) went and married this pretty young girl from Texas with an EE form A&M. As it turns out I get at least one good argument a day (whether I want it or not), and I wouldn’t want it any other way. The verbal exchanges often come with some sharp comments attached. If she didn’t bother to keep poking me with a sharp stick about things that we are both passionate about I'd be worried. The fact that she bothers is as much a sign of respect as anything else.

Ex-Moderator
Joined 2002
100 years old today

Hey Guys,

Way too funny.:D

:note: Thanks for the memories:note:

Rodd Yamashita

Attachments

• hope1.gif
    hope1.gif
    6.4 KB · Views: 252
nania said:
Please be specific to whom this criticism applies. Are you inviting people to leave the forum? Shirk your cowardice and say who should leave.

As they teach in catholic school, you always tell the sin but not the sinner. ;)

If you are assimilated and feel you have been brow beaten enough to "fit in" as mrfeedback claims above, then good for you.

yep, fred spank me into submission a few times using his EE diploma (bound and framed)

I believe I represent many who are too timid to post or dare contradict some of the

You timid? Now you are insulting both my intelligence and my stupidity. A really timid person would be too...timid to admit his or own... timidness(?).

posters in this forum and as such, my presence serves a useful purpose. My excercise with Fred was constucted specifically to highlight his true nature. I put him under pressure and gave him the opportunity to be great or petty. The members who read that thread can draw their own conclusions.

that's the core of my argument nobody cares about this little 'experiment' of yours. About you spending 5 consecutive posts fending out 5 different memebers. If you or anyone is so convinced to be right why bother?
The whole thing could have been solved 10 MB of posts ago.

grataku
You timid? Now you are insulting both my intelligence and my stupidity. A really timid person would be too...timid to admit his or own... timidness(?).
I never said I was timid. Learn to read. I may have highlighted rather than insulted in this case.
yep, fred spank me into submission a few times using his EE diploma (bound and framed)
It appears you need the same treatment from someone with a liberal arts degree.

Mud Throwing Contest

Hi All,
I am highly embarrassed by this mud throwing contest.
When I joined this forum in December 2001 it was a cosy place and the posts were rather long-winding.
I left the Audio Asylum because of the endless quarrels.
Fred from your picture I guess you are about my age (56). Be the oldest and the wisest. I will not participate in this fight!
:cool: :cool: :cool:

Nenia,
Right, you "represent" them great. Is that how you feel, eh? You know, certain things should be kept to oneself.

:idea:
Wait a minute, now I remember you! The resistor guy! Why am I wasting my time with you again? Never mind. See you around.

PS: well said Elso! However, even though we all like to romanticize it diyaudio has always been like this. Nice for the most part nasty sometimes.

Disabled Account
Joined 2002
Kindergarten

I regret reading these posts and the childish way some of the members behave. Just read about this in another thread and unfortunately I was curious.

It's even worse than I thought. It's a real shame to abuse this forum for your own egos. Can't you do this via private mail ?

Moderators, please stop this useless thread, it'll only pour oil on the fire that already exists. Nobody will win and nobody will get any wiser from this.

diyAudio Senior Member
Joined 2002
Breakfast In America.

Hi,

If I could only find this in America.........

Actually, I am having a half liter one right now...

Lidl is importing them from Germany and it's canned, it's even better from the tap.

Soft and mild it's really not high in alcohol content, about 4.5% and I'm only paying 61 Eurocents for 1/2 L.

Too bad you can't find it in the States...you may any day soon.

Cheers,;)

Pardon my threadjacking.......

Jam, you are living in the wrong place. Do I need to send you one of those kegs that stuff comes in?

And Rodd.........time to change your avatar or move to "New Joisey". I suggest changing, and not moving. Few places can be worse than Detroit..............[joke]

Prost......

Jocko

Status
Not open for further replies.