John Curl's Blowtorch preamplifier part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Joined 2002
Paid Member
I suppose I should stop using my mouth as a third hand for solder. Probably explains a thing or two.

Start worrying when you see your underarm turns blue and let Brad worry about the smaller doses :D

I was well below the levels considered to be dangerous, but about 1/4 of the lead in my blood was indeed from the solder
I was a little more careful to have the fumes vented away after that.

No, wait. He is done by mercury. Lead can’t do any worse on him.

I once swallowed the mercury in a thermometer as a child

I like to attribute my slowness to mercury too. Lead/rosin fumes is too soft a medium (but what a smell!!).

George

Joined 2002
Paid Member
I believe! Therefore I can work outside of established parameters. You could never have walked my walk, and have even remotely comfortable, SY.

What the heck :confused: I find it hard to think that this was in response to that

Only those with no particular knowledge of chemistry and a willingness to believe quacks.

George

Gpapag, let me explain. I attribute my ability to move forward in audio, based significantly on believing in a number of 'interesting individuals', trying their ideas, and keeping open to the ideal that most people I meet are for real, and not engaged in cheating people.
So, I might believe in acupuncture, accupressure, or a chiropractor's manipulation IF it might or does get results. I do not think of this as quackery, for example.
I believed in extra vitamins when my doctor did not think it very important, and I cured myself. Whatever works! That is MY code. Not whatever fits my belief system.

Try 1.

Attachments

• !CBueVpg!mk~$(KGrHqJ,!hIE0fogtfJuBNI0rgOJ+g~~_3-1.JPG
    !CBueVpg!mk~$(KGrHqJ,!hIE0fogtfJuBNI0rgOJ+g~~_3-1.JPG
    106.6 KB · Views: 186
Joined 2002
Paid Member
Gpapag, let me explain
on believing in a number of 'interesting individuals', trying their ideas, and keeping open to the ideal that most people I meet are for real, and not engaged in cheating people.
So, I might believe in … I do not think of this as quackery, for example.

That is MY code. Not whatever fits my belief system.

Mr. Curl.
That initial
I believe
has sent me to the opposite direction from what you were really meaning.
Thank you for taking the trouble to explain. :)

I find that being good intentioned –although may kill one financially-it is essential for a healthy relationship with our inner part (and thus the rest of the world).
Being suspicious over anybody/everything, works as a poison.

George

Joined 2005
Paid Member
John,

The Jim's audio boards I got are blue, will that make what I play sound kind of blue? Affect component values? I like the Blues - Buddy Guy, Willie Dixon, Muddy Waters, :confused:

They also have Borbely's very good jfet/fet shunt regulator boards, but some devices are getting hard to get for it such as K170/J74 and J148/K982

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.