John Curl's Blowtorch preamplifier part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
www.hifisonix.com
Joined 2003
Paid Member
If anyone is interested Luca Turin's wikipedia page is slightly more balanced than Charles. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luca_Turin. Would seem Jury is still out on vibratory olfaction.

If smell exploits QE, why does the rest of our nervous system not use it? AFAIK, signal transmission in animals is electrochemical - my son's GF is a physiologist and I got 101 type intro onto how some pain killers work . . . Which reminds me, I need to take a few since Scott mentioned the myrtle blocks.

Last edited:
Even if you know that dowsing is no better than guessing, if you call in a dowser either:

a. He guesses right and you look like a genius, or
b. He guesses wrong and he looks bad while you can shrug and say the dowser told you where to dig.

The rational thing is to hire the dowser (with the client's money) and shift the blame to the dowser.
Yup, and just think of the audio analogies.

All it needs to round it off is 'the wife in kitchen' to confirm she had a feeling that was the right place to dig..............:rolleyes:

My guy found metal pipes only one carried water.
So you choose to believe on the basis of your anecdotal perception that your dowser could not possibly have intelligently guessed? Overriding and ignoring decades of vigorous study to the contrary, your perception must be right............... seem familiar in audio terms? It seems to be an audiophile thing, no idea why.........:rolleyes:

Last edited:
So you choose to believe on the basis of your anecdotal perception that your dowser could not possibly have intelligently guessed? Overriding and ignoring decades of vigorous study to the contrary, your perception must be right............... seem familiar in audio terms? It seems to be an audiophile thing, no idea why.........:rolleyes:

No but the simplest explanation is that I don't know what caused the rods to move. The result was accurate.

The crew doing the work seems to think not everyone can do it, but trust their guy.

diyAudio Member RIP
Joined 2005
The thing I like is no need for Zoebel on out ....
cap in cap out .... attenuate as wanted (given 45db)
I recently extracted some fairly impressive performance out of a ancient part by running in low-gain inverting mode, and using enough high-frequency noise gain to sidestep instability. Less than 6uV rms unweighted audio-band noise, quite low distortion. So what if it requires a lot of volts to drive and some reasonable currents? In this case those criteria were readily met. I would say more but the project is under NDA.

Status
Not open for further replies.