John Curl's Blowtorch preamplifier part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
My wife will love this song, she is from Venezuela.

But Jacco, please tell me the sense of it or what you mean therewith.
I am not afraid, just try to understand better.

I am aware what all happens with the signal in the recording chain and wonder myself why it can sound so good sometimes on some hifi-rigs and vice versa the same song played on a different system can sound ugly for my taste.

What is really important to get a good listening impression/feeling?

www.hifisonix.com
Joined 2003
Paid Member
Yes, it's truly a masterpiece, could easily be called the Best of... all by itself.

Do try the Incredible String band, there should be some of their work on Youtube. Also, look up Jonathan King's take on the Stones' "Satisfaction". An outstanding piece of work, in my view.

I took a listen - that is very good. I'll see if I can get some CD's or catch them on Spotify. Thanks for sharing.

Difficult to categorize, but definitely not pop. Folk-metaphysical perhaps.

"The children can see them...."

Quite so, Brad, they have a mixture of sounds all blended in, there's some pop here and there, some traditional British folk music, and lots of dope. After a while, they sort of grow on you. I was fortunate to get one of their albums in 1975 or so, that's how I know.

diyAudio Member RIP
Joined 2005
I once erupted in song walking back to my then-office at UCLA many years ago with some friends with whom I'd had dinner. The Water Song from HBD. It was in a quasi-residential area, and a woman came out on to her balcony and said All RIGHT!

My vocalizations were not always encouraged thus.

Status
Not open for further replies.