John Curl's Blowtorch preamplifier part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
If many 'offices' in the world are able to follow-you on the street with satellite cameras, and read your car number from the sky, they only can look at what they seek in real time. All networks administrators know the pain to find something special and unexpected on request in a big database.

This is VERY rapidly changing, with large cloud storage and automated pattern recognition search.

Rayma.
This made me think of the statistical analysis that would be used to analyze any data base and look for trends and even for outliers that can be found in a large data base of information. This comes down to the algorithms that the statistical analyzer is capable of understanding, how specific an equation can be written to capture the needed information out of all the rest of the information. Typically you are looking for the mean or median information but it does not mean you can't look specifically for the outliers. The information is there is you know how to extract it from all the noise.

One of my cars could be tracked by GM since 2001 and I imagine sooner than that through the use of the then analog Onstar security system. We have had that capability to follow and understand where people are in their cars for a long time. That analog system is no longer used here in the US so at least in that car I wouldn't be tracked, but that does not mean the same thing is not being done every day by the triangulation of our cell phones as they jump from cell tower to cell tower. You can always turn your phone off or remove the battery.

ps. Even back in 2001 GM had the capability of shutting down a cars ignition system remotely or to start your car. I have often wondered while watching the car chases on the TV news why they still don't use this capability to just slowly bring those chases to a stop? We have the tech, it just doesn't seem to get used.

Last edited:
paper

JN
I dident find That paper,but the page posted gave me donuts.Do the doodads go backwards in the middle,or what.If it's the same guy whose other papers I found then kudos to him and you!He seems a proper gentleman to me.
You're fixing clocks,right.
regards Albin

Last edited:
Scott,
Wouldn't that be the latency time of the entire chain from your signal going out from your car and being processed and then back to your gps and again being displayed? A couple hundred feet is pretty good in real time while moving. Not if you were a missile but pretty good for getting where you are going for a person with a brain!

This is VERY rapidly changing, with large cloud storage and automated pattern recognition search.
The problem remain with the number of cameras (and satellites) requested to make full snapshots of every parts of the the globe with enough resolution to can discriminate an airplane even by night or in the the Bermuda Triangle.
Not the best solution, i believe, while it is so easy each airplane could send at enough short time intervals his own datas (including GPS position) on some server of his company by radio.
I'm confident that the fact that all the people on the planet suddenly discovered that a commercial airplane can disappear from the surface of the earth with no traces and explanations was shocking enough to ensure that measures will be taken soon for this can not happen again.

About GPS position of my car in real time on the map, i have one navigator which is, indeed, 100 Feets too late, and an other (Route 66) which probably compensate with my speed to situate-me perfectly near all of the time. It turns in the same time than me as long as i follow his instructions.

I don't use the Google one, to keep the chances to get advertisement panels of the next gas stations not to be replaced during my passage by commercials about Current feedback OPAs, 24 bits DACs and Chinese John Curl's Blowtorch copies.

Last edited:
JN
I dident find That paper,but the page posted gave me donuts.Do the doodads go backwards in the middle,or what.
Very odd, as I posted a jpeg of the page, converted from pdf. I assumed everybody could see jpegs.

The first page of the paper has this:

"The inverse skin effect, by M. G. Haines, Physics Dept, Imperial College, London.

Communicated by R. Latham: MS. received 24th April 1959, in final form 3rd June 1959.

The upper left corner has the starting page as 576.

You're fixing clocks,right.
regards Albin
Yes. I also make fixturing and tools for same..

I've noticed that my car remains about 50-100ft ahead of the GPS screen?

That's easy to explain..

Massachusetts..:eek:
edit: Just had a nice lunch at the Northampton Brewery coupla days ago.
jn

Last edited:
I think it is better regarded as a lag than an inversion. You have a distributed filter. The current inside the material is both attenuated and phase shifted. The net current is the integral of the current density.

Yes. I have no idea and no interest in whether my friends use Android or not. My mobile does talk and text only; I use it quite rarely.

Yes. The 'millenium bug' was certainly real, but overhyped. The reason it was overhyped is that it was the only way for engineers to get the attention of politicians and managers (via journalists) so they took their heads out of the sand for a while and planned (and funded) some action. The doomsday scenarios of planes falling out of the sky were always exaggerations, but some things would have stopped working for a while if people like me had not checked and enhanced the date handling in some software. I found a few minor problems (in the power industry).

I already see some people reverting to 2-digit-year dates. I guess they figure they have 86 years to fix it.

I'm confident that the fact that all the people on the planet suddenly discovered that a commercial airplane can disappear from the surface of the earth with no traces and explanations was shocking enough...

I don't find that in the least shocking. When planes crash over water they tend to disappear, always have. When planes fly off their expected course for an extended period, we don't know where to look. We can draw a circle on a map, but the area involved is huge.

Joined 2002
Paid Member
I don't find that in the least shocking. When planes crash over water they tend to disappear, always have. When planes fly off their expected course for an extended period, we don't know where to look. We can draw a circle on a map, but the area involved is huge.

Current aircraft tracking over water is not very good. Over land in the US it can be pretty good with the new ADS B technology and land based stations. This is mandated in all planes by 2020 in controlled airspace. Gps data is sent every second and this also allows for traffic depiction as an option on general aviation.
The current state of the art in use for Emergency beacons isn't very good half the time they don't activate or the plane is inverted and the antenna upside down. Personal locator beacons and services work quite well anyplace but they are not approved for commercial use. I have tracked friends planes allover with these.

Scott,
Wouldn't that be the latency time of the entire chain from your signal going out from your car and being processed and then back to your gps and again being displayed? A couple hundred feet is pretty good in real time while moving. Not if you were a missile but pretty good for getting where you are going for a person with a brain!

Except the little voice says "make the second turn on the right" and I have already passed the first one.:)

Rayma.
This made me think of the statistical analysis that would be used to analyze any data base and look for trends and even for outliers that can be found in a large data base of information.

Yes, I'm no longer much of a computer person anymore, though I worked with the IBM 360 and ECAP early on. (Our tradition at UI-Urbana was to throw the huge deck of cards up in the air when finished with the project.) The larger these tracking databases grow, the more accurate and detailed they become. It's scary as hell. I'm not sure which is worse to have all this information, corporations or government, though maybe there's no longer much difference.

Disabled Account
Joined 2012
Did you notice it too??

Did you notice it, too? ----
No other month ever starts on the same day of the week as August?

And, did you notice last time there was a leap-year, that February starts on the same day as August. And, August ends on the same day of the week as November every year?

Something's going on here! :confused:

-RM

Status
Not open for further replies.