John Curl's Blowtorch preamplifier part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can someone please tell me how you block specific posts from showing up in this thread?

"Add to ignore list" You go to the person's profile.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-04-01 at 8.44.46 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-04-01 at 8.44.46 AM.png
    83.7 KB · Views: 204
Cal,
Thanks I got it after BV sent his message. It seems even false marketing claims have nothing to do with the claims of fraud. There is no fraud in fraud, you can't definitively prove a scientific proof of a fraud! Thanks for your real remarks and your attempts to look at this device with open eyes. I think you found the truth, even if only some of us will acknowledge that fact.

Hitswire,
Just keep your forks and knives out of that toaster, and don't use it while in the tub!

Some help in case anyone wants to do more tests:
How to Measure Resistance: 11 Steps (with Pictures) - wikiHow

So what is the opposite of an amateur test, pray. And if you are going to say professional, what profession? And how do we guarantee these measurement provide scientific proof!

Though a little part of me thinks that only a member of the Magic Circle would be able to fathom these devices out.

No that is not really true. Some amateurs love to disprove things, since it makes them feel important, and they lose nothing. Professionals often would fear to lose their credibility if they make an erroneous test, overlooking something obvious.
I deeply resent the hint that you 'amateurs' are more 'honest' that us 'professionals'.

No, but Joshua was initially criticizing the tests put up by Marce. The test that I put up is also 'incomplete', but it has elements of credibility. For example the test equipment, the BMI 4800 is listed by me. Look it up, then decide if what it measures might be useful. I told you that the test was done at AMES Research, is that not professional enough for you?
All that is necessary is that someone else makes the same measurement with equivalently good test equipment, not some amateur add on to your computer, and independently verify what they found. If you do not wish to do this, OK, but leave me alone about the Bybee devices, and whether they were measured to do something or not. Adding a low value resistor is not going to get rid of the FUZZ or IM on the distortion waveform.

Joined 2002
Paid Member
Joshua, don't let them confuse you. These, put up by Marce, are separate (amateur tests) and not related to what I put up. PMA, you should know better.

Good Lord!
You are totally disconnected from reality.
That was your own post. You have posted this scan two- three times already.

George

>Edit: I see per your above post. Goal-posts are moving again.

Last edited:
I think that Joshua overreacted with noticing that the test that I put up had more merit than he first noticed. But Joshua is also right that one picture is not a whole paper on the subject. I can only present what I have gotten from Jack. In future, I hope to make my own measurements, and I hope that they will be clearer and better. Yet, I do know that most here will not accept anything I measure either. Oh well.

Joined 2002
Paid Member
If you do not wish to do this, OK, but leave me alone about the Bybee devices, and whether they were measured to do something or not

I have written this to you:

I have to say that IMO you take the wrong route if you feel as your responsibility to present measurements and data for this device.
This is a load that the manufacturer has to carry on his back.
The site Bybee Technologies | Our Technology is talking of favorable measurements but links to none.

George

> If you have a toaster which had a safety bonding
> conductor, you must eat a lot of toast.

Not me ! ...... It's a kick in the a** how so many are
worried about 3 wires to their hi-fi, while having no
thought about everyday appliances :)
(which don't even have a transformer)

Who is worried??

For everyday appliances, there are NRTL's (Nationally Recognized Testing Labs) that we rely upon to verify that our two lead appliances are safe for use. I think nothing of using a double insulated drill, a toaster, a blender. Given a choice between a device with UL on it, and one without, I would choose the listed device always.

For my Hi-Fi, if the device has been designed with a third pin, I know that this pin is a safety bonding conductor, and that it is there to protect me in the event of an internal fault which could energize the conductive surfaces I can touch. I will not attempt to circumvent that function by breaking the pin, or via a device that is not listed as safe to use in that way.

If my component is only two prong, then I can also know that it has been designed to be safe without the third pin.

So I do not worry.

I do also understand that this third pin/bonding conductor can indeed cause noise problems in some equipment, as most equipment is not designed to ignore the resultant loop currents. That will eventually be corrected.

jn

The test that I put up is also 'incomplete', but it has elements of credibility.
If by elements of credibility you mean the use of the English language, then I would agree.
For example the test equipment, the BMI 4800 is listed by me. Look it up, then decide if what it measures might be useful. I told you that the test was done at AMES Research, is that not professional enough for you?
What you have provided is not professional at any level. Arbitrary waveforms, arbitrary conditions, no schematic, no pictures, no diagrams, absolutely NOTHING, not even a description, that would allow anybody else the information required to duplicate or refute the results.

Does anybody at AMES Research even admit to this test? Where's the writeup?

All that is necessary is that someone else makes the same measurement with equivalently good test equipment, not some amateur add on to your computer, and independently verify what they found.
WHAT MEASUREMENT???

jn

Status
Not open for further replies.