John Curl's Blowtorch preamplifier part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
You guys have it all wrong.

The blather used to describe the widget and how it works is simple obfuscation.

That device, put into the power cord ground, will indeed reduce noise between the ground and neutral lines of a power amp. The waveforms JC provided are indeed consistent with the introduction of a .3 ohm resistor in the safety bonded conductor.

You've all fallen into a very simple trap. The device can work because it drops the ground loop induced current caused by line cord haversines and gated bridge audio currents by increasing the loop resistance.

Since a low value resistor can indeed make an audible and measurable difference in the safety ground in situ with source equipment, anybody who claims otherwise clearly is incorrect.

Get over the garbage explanation. Worry about the introduction of a resistance in a bonding circuit, and how it may violate NEC.

jn

JN,
I thought that others were putting these things at the speaker terminal. Again a simple resistor could change the high frequency response which is what is reported?

I speak only of the AC waveforms provided as "proof".

Look at the waveforms. The plots are neutral to ground voltage. The levels are clearly beyond any IR drop, and reflect actual loop trapped magnetic field induction, Faraday's law.

The explanation foisted has drawn everybody's attention away from what is clearly there. Anybody say "ooh look, a squirrel..?

jn

Again a simple resistor could change the high frequency response which is what is reported?

I believe I mentioned that on one particular tweeter, I heard or wanted to hear a difference so maybe I did, maybe I didn't. I was so hoping that perhaps...

In any event I don't recall the difference as being better or worse if existent at all.

nonsense!

This is an earlier (20 years earlier) explanation of a Bybee device and a test that showed what it did. Sorry for the cropping and the lack of resolution. I can get this to you later. The big thing is what materials were used in the original (larger) devices.

Jurassic Parc talk (breeding Dino eggs)
There are no specific electrons.
This is nonsense!

No you didn't. You used the word "fraud", which is a legal term.

Others declared the Bybee devices to be fraud. I only responded.

Just to help us pitch any replies at the appropriate level, could you summarise the level of your scientific education? …

My education has nothing to do with the fact that no scientific evidence concerning the Bybee devices being a fraud was presented here. People here claim they are fraud, yet without any scientific evidence to their claim.

Status
Not open for further replies.