John Curl's Blowtorch preamplifier part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kindhornman, I swore that I would not discuss anything with you furthermore, but I am weak and must say this! Who says that the devices DON'T remove some low level information along with what they are designed to eliminate? I have heard it myself, BUT I usually use these devices on the AC power line. What harm can I do there? Still, I have heard 'improvements' with TV audio and even with loudspeakers (for some reason) but I don't expect any of you to bother with these devices. They are TOO EXPENSIVE and not too obvious a difference for any of you, with your normal audio systems to care. In fact, sometimes they DEGRADE the overall sound. I heard this happen, myself with a local hi fi dealer. How embarrassing! Yet, if they don't do 'anything' how could they do that?
And finally, Jack offers a money back guarantee, (for real) if you don't like it, as long as you don't cut the leads. What else do you want?
As far as needing anything, it is just to keep the rumors straight from those who will judge without true research.

John,
Sorry but you are a fan of high dollar components and assume cost means quality. Your Wilson speakers are evidence of that, they are nothing special. Who says your system is highly resolving, you do. You assume to much. If you want to apply the Bybees to your power cords go ahead, probably doesn't hurt, just thought you could build a decent power supply yourself without needing something like that to improve it?

At this point I really come to read what others like JN, Scott, Jan, Sy and a few others have to say. You seem to have gotten stuck in the past and lost your way. I do believe for marketing purposes your name has value, that is what you are selling these days, your name. Here you are only hurting your reputation with those who are not standard consumers. I'm sure I could teach you a thing or two about speakers but why bother, you are name brand oriented.

Kindhornman, I swore that I would not discuss anything with you furthermore, but I am weak and must say this! Who says that the devices DON'T remove some low level information along with what they are designed to eliminate? I have heard it myself, BUT I usually use these devices on the AC power line. What harm can I do there? Still, I have heard 'improvements' with TV audio and even with loudspeakers (for some reason) but I don't expect any of you to bother with these devices. They are TOO EXPENSIVE and not too obvious a difference for any of you, with your normal audio systems to care. In fact, sometimes they DEGRADE the overall sound. I heard this happen, myself with a local hi fi dealer. How embarrassing! Yet, if they don't do 'anything' how could they do that?
And finally, Jack offers a money back guarantee, (for real) if you don't like it, as long as you don't cut the leads. What else do you want?
As far as needing anything, it is just to keep the rumors straight from those who will judge without true research.
Can not wait for the neroproctology group to explain a money back guarantee on a " Fraudulent product " . :D

john curl said:
It is also surprising that many here can not just 'leave it alone', but so it goes!
All we do is respond to unlikely claims. Stop the claims and we will stop responding to them.

with your normal audio systems
So now we are back to 'if you can't hear it then your system/ears are not good enough'.

They are TOO EXPENSIVE
So we are poor as well as deaf.

most of the applications are most probably classified.
Secret military research - yet these devices can be freely sold? If they are so good, why can't we buy cheap Chinese copies? Why aren't the Russians (and the French) claiming that they invented them 20 years ago?

Joshua, I'm not here to do battle with anyone but I am curious of your experience with the Bybee devices.

I don't have experience with them.

If you are a supporter of the product and believe in the claimed properties, I am more than willing to part with mine. We can discuss this through PM if you like.

I'm not a supporter of the products, I neither believe nor do I disbelieve in their claimed properties/effects.

John,
Why do you assume that those who would not purchase a Bybee are poor? Brains and money don't have to be mutually exclusive! There are smart people with money, most actually, so you just show how silly your thinking is. You are the one who is still driving a very old lower model Porsche, where is your new 911 or even a nice CLS500? I don't know where you live but my neighbors are the people you want to sell your overpriced designs to. I don't need to name drop like you do, but I am surrounded by real monied people. They are no fools.

Joshua,
At this point it is useless trying to inform you of any facts, you are obviously lacking in basic high school science and physics, you have nothing to add but more BS. If you can not believe Scott Wurcer who is a trained electronics expert or JN who works with super conductivity and other things far over your head then no argument or fact will satisfy you. They have addressed all of the marketing points given by Bybee and discredited each with sound scientific reasoning. You just refuse to believe fact.

Thank you for your complements.
Believing, or disbelieving, others has nothing to do with scientific proof.
Scientific reasoning isn't scientific proof.
You people are captive of your belief system to such a degree that you don't make the distinction between musings of the mind and scientific proof.

Guys, would you get off my back? I believe, because I have listened, AND I have known Jack for almost 20 years. I also have a BA in Physics, so there! Sorry Joshua for leaving you alone here.

Hi John,
That's alright, I'm not alone and I need no solicitors. It only amuses me to see people expose their ignorance about what makes scientific proof and what doesn't.

As for people scorning you, the midgets find perverse pleasure in ridiculing the giants. It only exposes their envy of you and your achievements.

Status
Not open for further replies.