And what did we buy today?

Scored a old Pioneer DV-578A player for free, which is actually on my list of "audio" players to buy.
Found an old thread on the tricks related to these players, but it only plays about half of the SACD's or DVD-A's I try in it. I don't know if it's a quality issue, led a rough life, or just needs a cleaning. If a lens cleaning doesn't do it, off to the basement it goes.

Faulty JVC RX-7012VSL 5.1 surround amplifier. AU$55.00 shipped from Adelaide. One channel shorted, easy fix. Couple of transistors at worst.

I'm also bidding on an Onkyo TX-SR805 which is a beautiful behemoth of a surround receiver. Should get that in a couple of days for about the same price. Pops at turn-on, shouldn't be very difficult.

I'm not usually such a spendthrift but it seems wise to take advantage of the cheaper postage to my current city location to stockpile stuff I'll need for the new house. At least that's how I'm justifying it to myself. :)

Last edited:
Oh yeah, and I bought this yesterday for the house. Etched granite, 200mm x 150mm.

attachment.php

Attachments

• Gone Postal.JPG
    Gone Postal.JPG
    30.2 KB · Views: 289
Last edited:
Looks like PTFE?

Ordered some pills today, two pink ones (B12 and INSPRA) and two white ones (Bisoprolol and Losartan)

Got the potentiometers and switches for the Polivoks and tried to order knobs BUT there were only four large knobs (need 5) and I notice the the switches don't have "splined" axles.

Ooops, almost forgot. Ordered the Elektor JOy-IT 3-in-1, oscilloscope/DMM/signal generator. It looked smalla nd handy and I needed a (small) O-scope.

Mmm... one of my favourites.

Try it with dark chocolate ....

A little (much) OT. I have had two heart arrests and after the second, which was a grave one, I got a pacemaker and the three heart medicines.
After a year or so, when I and my heart was back to normal (at least 90%) I wondered if I could get rid of the drugs, but NO. The pacemaker did record some irregularities every now and then. But on the other hand those glitches maybe did occur among healthy people ... but how could we tell? They didn't carry a pacemaker that recorder everything.