And what did we buy today?

Hmmm, as for me, just odds and ends on Aliex. Some of those cheap blue adjustable regulator boards, 2 with LED display, 2 blind. A PCIe card that mounts both M.2 SATA and M.2 NVMe cards for my old pre-UEFI workstation. Noticed there are these new cheap breed of USB powered DLSR battery chargers so bought one. Bought a Molten basketball for the 11yr old; I know Aliex is full of Molten fakes but the lower end indoor/outdoor ones look legit, I wouldn't be surprised if they are what is being faked into the higher end models.

Decided after a lot of considerations to buy a SuZuki Swift. Prices on preowned cars in Sweden has skyrocketed. But got a good deal. The Swift felt almost new but lacking a lot of the "extras".

bil.jpg

I put down earnest money on a house. DOes that count?

I have been busy fixing up my present one and hoping on moving this spring. My son sent me a link to a ranch style house on 3 acres on the 12th of Feb, that looked interesting. Two walk-throughs and I decided to go for it. Looks like electronic projects will be off the table for a while longer.
Money spent is knowledge gained.

The house inspection revealed lots of repairs on the supposed 10 year old roof including current leaks and structural damage. Electrical includes 2 prong (no ground) receptacles and lots of electrical wiring issues. there were also plumbing issues with failure to meet code. I tried to renegotiate the price but the sellers weren't willing to come down to a level I felt comfortable with the repairs, so I backed out. Back to the hunt.

Picked up a practically BNIB Dick Smith Electronics T-2200 soldering station for dead cheap (I say practically because it is still in the box and has been turned on so the barrel is slightly discoloured, but it hasn't been used for soldering and is otherwise as new). The 3 main electronics store chains in Australia all had their soldering stations OEM'd by Xytronic and this is one of them. My main station is a 20 year old Xytronic and I'm a bit of a fan of these reliable but plain workhorses. The $169 one below...note the year.

1709643051670.png

Got my storage container/shed today……now I can rid my shop of stupid crap like bicycles, kayak stuff, garden stuff etc.
It was so bad I couldn’t even use my shop! Will also include a lumber rack in it, i’m not gonna know what to do with all the shop space now? I know……buy more tools! :cool:

Attachments

• C0D4A5B0-F837-4B3D-B054-110EA430CDF0.png
    C0D4A5B0-F837-4B3D-B054-110EA430CDF0.png
    5.7 MB · Views: 7