And what did we buy today?

Several of the back 'Hwy" are noted for venison suicide here. 107 is particularly bad in late evening. Deer through the windshield is the most dreaded impact. Small cars are more susceptible to it than trucks which have a large nearly flat frontal profile compared to sub compacts with their more aerodynamic profile (which scoops up the deer and bangs them into the windshield.

A mirror with built-in led light for my bathroom
(manufacturers picture)

Attachments

• Ambi One 60 x 60.jpg
    Ambi One 60 x 60.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 120
the EVF alone is worthy!

The 9.44 million-dot (approx.) OLED viewfinder in the α1 offers the highest resolution in the industry at this time23. It features 0.90x magnification24 with a 41 ° FOV for a clear, wide view, and an updated structure that results in a 25-mm-high eyepoint. A 240fps refresh rate with UXGA FOV is another world-first23, for a clear view of fast action.

Six sticks of 4GB DDR3 computer memory. They installed easily and passed MemTest.

The objective was to max out the memory on my Dell 435MT motherboard . . . . which it did . . . . BUT . . . . then I discovered that Win7 Home Premium can address only 16GB of memory. So now I'm wondering if there is still a legal way to upgrade from Win7 Home Premium to Win7 Pro.

I am still running W7 on a couple machines that will never see a connection to the internet. The main reason for this is that the old hardware is not supported and will not run in W10. I have two W7 boxes that use PCI (not PCIE) audio cards (M-Audio Audiophile 24/192, and M-Audio Delta 1010). I can not get either to work in W10, so I downgraded back to W7.

I recently discovered the Microsoft can and does kill off support for older hardware that once worked in W10 when they do one of their major updates. I built a "tablet" with a Chinese 10 inch touch screen and an older 5th generation Intel NUC. It worked fine with W10 until the version refresh that occurred in 2019. That killed the touch screen. None of the available drivers that I have tried will work, so for now it is running W7 and still on the internet. No sensitive data is on it, just music and PDF's, so nothing bad can happen if it gets "PC Covid." If it dies, I'll try Linux on it.

As stated the "upgrade" to W10 is free if you have the keys from a working W7 machine. If you have everything needed to restore your W7 system from a backup, it's an easy experiment to see W10 will work for you. Experiments in "upgrading" an existing W7 machine to W10 has always had issues. It's best to do a clean install of W10 on a fresh or newly reformatted hard drive. I used cloning software to make a clone of the bootable HD in the W7 machine for backup purposes. It can be placed in the machine to restore original W7 functionality. Make sure that it works and all your data is safe.

I then put a new or otherwise freshly formatted drive in the machine, download W10 from Microsoft, and perform a fresh install of W10 on the new drive. When it asks for product keys, use the W7 keys from the old drive, or the label on the PC. These should work unless they were originally from a bulk license sold by Microsoft under a bulk license agreement. This means that keys from a PC originally used in a large business may not work, but strangely the W7 keys from some PC's scrapped by NASA worked fine.

I usually reinstall all the apps since they may need different files under W10, migrating apps directly from W7 may or may not work. You can plug the W7 drive into the machine under W10 and access or copy all the old data without issue.

I have done this with about a dozen PC's when Microsoft started the pop-up nag screen scaring many users into buying new PC's. A relative asked me to make her a new PC since she started getting the nag. The MS upgrade assistant told her that her old gen 2 Core i3 would not work on W10......Now over a year later she is still using it.

Yes, Win 10 is the go to for old computers. It actually runs pretty well on them as it's been optimized to run on tablets and such as well. I run debloater scripts on them right after a fresh install. Next attempt will be x86 Win 10 on an old 2GB laptop I have.

As for what I've bought recently, mostly smalls on Ali. Drumsticks, piezo tweeter, nonslip heat shrink for the kids' drumset. Toolless RJ45 connectors and wall plate to put ethernet jack in kids' room. A cheap fountain pen for $6 for me, hope my wife doesn't see it, she bought me an MB a few years back so I would stop buying cheap pens.