And what did we buy today?

TPA3116d2 module from AliX to replace a busted old module in a (very) compact desktop amp I built many moons ago.

Varactor diodes to fix that damn pioneer tuner with. From RS, they are specced identical to the original part but of course they're SOT23-3 surface mount (it seems almost all current production is smt) so I also bought some breakout boards from AliX so I can do a tidy job.

And it looks like I'm about to "buy" an after hours vet bill for Penny (cat) who's got a huge leaking abcess on her forearm. We're there waiting now.

My son sent me the address of a property that may come up for foreclosure.

I rode by this evening and it looks promising at the right price.

I am going to set up an appointment at my credit union for a signature loan to be ready in case it pans out.

This will be the last place I buy, Retirement Home it may be.

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Two book cases and some desk organization stuff for my new sort of office.

Hi ubergeeknz,
I hope all is well with the cat and whatever caused the wound was extracted easily.

Hi Hi Kodabmx,
Thanks! I usually choose Fedex, but DHL looks like an excellent option as well. Anything but UPS!!!

-Chris

I spent 41 years working at a Motorola plant. 30 of those were as an RF engineer in two way radio or cell phone product design, and technology research. I retired 6 years ago and just tinker a bit for now.

There are a few other RF guys here:

No RF gear here?

Thanks for the link!, sure sounds that you have great years of experience. As for me, I designed and built a class F amplifier at 2GHz. with >80% efficiency, I also designed continuous class J, and continuous class F for my Master's degree, it is a whole different game dealing with microwave frequencies

Last edited: