And what did we buy today?

A UA2192 ….. Studio A-D convertor?

Universal Audio has long been the "standard" in high end PC or MAC digital music interface for "in the box" music production and recording. Even their low end stuff is far beyond my budget. The 2192 is several years old now, but has a loyal following.

Until two years ago I have been using some 15 year old M-Audio Delta series stuff that requires a PCI (not PCIe) slot. I finally retired my 6 year old PC and had to spring for a Focusrite USB box. If it last as long as the old M-Audio did, I will probably be too old to remember how to use it!

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
A five port gigabit unmanaged switch for my bench. More instruments require an ethernet connection (LXI) these days and I just maxed the number of jacks at the bench (4) with the latest scope (Keysight MSOX3104T). I also have an R&S RTM3004 to evaluate as well.

-Chris

Universal Audio has long been the "standard" in high end PC or MAC digital music interface for "in the box" music production and recording. Even their low end stuff is far beyond my budget. The 2192 is several years old now, but has a loyal following.

Until two years ago I have been using some 15 year old M-Audio Delta series stuff that requires a PCI (not PCIe) slot. I finally retired my 6 year old PC and had to spring for a Focusrite USB box. If it last as long as the old M-Audio did, I will probably be too old to remember how to use it!

I'm still using an old RME 96/8 and loving it. Yes, I had to hang onto an old PCI-based PC to use it. Mainly used for Software Defined Radio.