And what did we buy today?

I bought a medical ice machine. It's used to circulate very cold water through an elaborate pad that fits around the shoulder. It's now 263 days since I dislocated mine and we have to continue the very painful stretching to unfreeze it. This machine will help control the inflammation caused by the stretching.

Have a great trip Magnus. Take pics.

@phase,
I bought a 2006 Chevy Cobalt brand new in 2006, I put 28000 MI on it in one year and had all 4 wheel rims replaced under the bumper to bumper 36000 Mi warranty, for rust after one year. 70 MPH in a salt and sand environment, east central Florida.I had to paint them every year since then.

Last edited:
I bought some Kemet X2 275Vac 565Vdc PP films for the output/LNFB DC blocker for my Triple SET amplifer.

So I can finally finish the PCB population, the Molex connectors finally ordered too.

Still to buy the case.

Considering some Hammond ally boxes I have ordered before for work, about 8"x12"x2".

I wanted to avoid mono bloc construction really as the amp is all submini valves, but the sheer size of the single side PCB, means that with the OPT and PT plus 3 tubes.....hows it all gonna fit?

(The PCB is just shy of 6x4 per xhannel for the OP stage , and about the same for both input channel stages for a stereo board)

It looks like I build mono blocks and suffer the cost of 2 230:230V 50VA, rather than a single 100VA.

Or... stuff both channels in a 3U rack to keep the valves under the bonnet and away from inquisitive fingers....

I should've just laid them horizontally on small PCB header cards, but tbh I hate horizontally laid valves.

Last edited:
@phase,
I bought a 2006 Chevy Cobalt brand new in 2006, I put 28000 MI on it in one year and had all 4 wheel rims replaced under the bumper to bumper 36000 Mi warranty, for rust after one year. 70 MPH in a salt and sand environment, east central Florida.I had to paint them every year since then.

I hope I don’t have to do this every year! They have started to salt the roads here in the Seattle area, probably because of the incredible population growth and the fact that people don’t know how to drive(in the snow).

There’s another car here in my driveway that operates in the same conditions, is twice as old, yet has no issues.

PRR

Joined 2003
Paid Member
e-books

The Second Mystery Megapack: By: Ron Goulart, Mack Reynolds, Arlette Lees, John Gregory Betancourt,....
Where There's a Will and Bitter End By: Rex Stout
Before Nero Wolfe By: Rex Stout
The Fourth Time Travel MEGAPACK® By: Fritz Leiber, R. A. Lafferty, Keith Laumer, Ron Goulart, Avram Davidson
The Library Fuzz MEGAPACK ®: The Complete Hal Johnson Series
In the Pulps (Annotated): 31 Short Stories By: Rex Stout

I bought arround 1500 multiturn trimmers from 10r to 1m ohm and 500 voltage regulators plus some old transistors, some rf but they were cheap

Attachments

• 20190910_150619.jpg
    20190910_150619.jpg
    968.1 KB · Views: 98
  • 20190910_151115.jpg
    20190910_151115.jpg
    884.2 KB · Views: 102
  • 20190910_151215.jpg
    20190910_151215.jpg
    919 KB · Views: 100
I bought a medical ice machine. It's used to circulate very cold water through an elaborate pad that fits around the shoulder. It's now 263 days since I dislocated mine and we have to continue the very painful stretching to unfreeze it. This machine will help control the inflammation caused by the stretching.

Have a great trip Magnus. Take pics.
Sorry to hear Cal , it hurts like a son of a b.... , well hope for speedy recovery.

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Just bought some high temperature resin for a 3D printer (not mine) to recreate some heat sink parts that were originally made from a low temperature material. This stuff is good 'till 240°C, so hopefully it will not deform over time like the originals do in 100% of the cases I see.

Time will tell, and this is a very expensive experiment.

-Chris