0.5ml of Snake Oil for $59

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
This has got to be the biggest load of nonsense I have ever seen .

http://www.altmann.haan.de/tubeolator/default.htm

'filters unwanted (bad sounding) overtones from semiconductors like DA-converters, AD-converters, OP-Amps and Discrete Transistors improves the sound quality of CD-players, DVD or SACD-players, Preamplifiers, Phono-Stages, Main- or Power-Amplifiers transforms transistor sound into tube sound
transforms cold and harsh sound into warm emotional sound
attenuates odd, especially third overtones '

...not forgetting

'makes semiconductors sound natural'

How can anyone claim this is possible for a small bottle of whatever it is (monkey wee-wee?) ?

316a

If that's the biggest load of nonsense you've ever seen, you need to get out more.

Just wait for the responses telling you that you're closed-minded because you won't pony up 60 clams for a substance that claims to defy the laws of physics and whose marketers won't provide any actual data.

Attachments

• roflmao.gif
    roflmao.gif
    4.4 KB · Views: 3,329
Could it be Prozac for transistors?

Nope, it is a rare scathalogical bovine excrement found only under an even rarer purple glowing fungus that only glows in the presence of full moon light at precisely 3:22am with the celestial alignment of the zodiac sign Tarus in the house of the rising sun.

And if you drink it, your wife best watch out because you'll have a woody like a bull.;)

What a laugh!
It's pretty clear that the concept of buyer beware just simply has no place in world of high end audio. Just look at all the spelling and syntax errors in the ad as well as the "reviews".

That aspect alone should speak volumes to any sane individual.

But I imagine there are fools out there who will also call this guy back and reorder the "applicator".

So he is sitting around snipping Q-tips in half and laughing all the way to the bank.

Fools and their money...

This surpised me
might surprise you

Do you know that our member
Kuei Yang Wang
a real clever man and one I listen to, most of the time

has tried C37 and is positive to it

/halo - can't get it, Kuei Yang Wang :confused: :bawling: :confused:
halo never gives money to snake-oilers and never will
-----------------------
a little woodoo is okay, like going to church or pray to God,
as long as it doesn't cost you money, and no pretending weave-makers profit out of your money
- when somebody is naked - let's not pretend he has his clothes on -

Ex-Moderator
Joined 2003
Limp knobs

Actually, even the featured knobs are sub-optimum. Recently-translated research conducted in Ajdymnenosk just before the break-up of the Soviet Union was based on the teachings of ancient Greek philosphers, and has shown that knobs must have an aspect ratio (diameter/depth) equal to the Golden Mean (1.618). Failure to observe this fundamental criterion results in a coincidence of harmonics and discordant, lifeless, limp sound.

All this crap about paint-on goo and wooden knobs reminds me of that twerp a few years ago with his silly little cones that one was supposed to place in the listening room.

Phineas T. Barnum had it dead right: "There's a sucker born every minute".

Now let me see, some goo for my chips, a green felt-tip for my CDs, (mental note: must check the date codes on my valves), order up those cones and wooden knobs, make sure the power cable costs at least £200 and sits off the floor - are the cushions on my listening chair of a suitable material/compliance - what have I eaten today? Should I change my electricity supplier? Where should I have my hair cut? Why are we here?

Metaphysical stuff, hi-fi.

7N7

Hi,

Reading all that has been posted in this thread so far, makes me realise just why it is that so little progress is being made in the pursuit of improving the performance of audio equipment.

Talk about a triumph of knee-jerk reactions and uncontrolled emotions, over common-sense and clear thinking!:goodbad:

If only you could widen your perceptive horizons wide enough, you might just be able to divorce the (ridiculous!) cost of this product, from its potential efficacy.

At the suggested selling-price there is no danger, whatsoever, of my trying out this material, but the profiteering attitude apparently shown by the purveyors of Tubeolator, will do nothing to influence me, nor to close my mind to the possibility of its worth in achieving what it is stated to do.

I would willingly try a free sample, and would be very interested to see what the results might be.

I have found through very many trials that 'damping' chips and applying 'TI Shield' (a product made by the almighty Texas, the chip manufacturers [not exactly famous for their support of snake-oil products!], which was expressly developed for the shielding of components from EMI & RFI) both do have quite a marked effect on the 'sound' in audio systems, interestingly, rather along the same lines as suggested by Tubeolator.

Looking at the application of the product (weeks of 'curing') together with its ingredients, it seems quite likely to me that this product is some kind of non fully-hardening polymer, with some shielding and/or even possibly static-relieving properties.

This being the case, it will almost *certainly* have *some effect* on the resultant sound when applied as directed (to the *entire* top of a chip), although whether this effect is quite as 'dramatic' as has been suggested, I tend to have my doubts.

Accordingly, before pontificating about this product, or ridiculing it (and other similar concoctions), I would prefer to try it out myself before consigning it to 'the land of fairy tales', which, regrettably, I see far too often with people who are generally just too indolent to carry out many appropriate listening tests for themselves.

As I believe mrfeedback observed in another thread recently, it matters not whether I, or the makers, fully understand *precisely why* the product works (if it turns out to do so) as this is an entirely different matter from its effectiveness.

If I were to stop a hundred people in the street and ask them if they understood the working principles of an internal combustion engine, I doubt that even one of them could. And if I then went on to explain that it is 'a series of controlled explosions' (since this is precisely what happens in all conventional petrol, deisel, and Wankel etc. engines), they would doubtless run for cover!:bigeyes:

However, this does not prevent *any* of them from making extremely good use of the (I.C.E) device in their cars each day!!

Regards,:)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.