Chassis and customization for 5ea. Hypex NC400s and SMPS

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am interested in the Pesante or Slimline Chassis to install 5ea NC400 and 5ea SMPS600N400 in. According to the guys at Hypex, I can install these vertically. To do so would require Risers with custom milling to match their mounting points. These are not standardized to match the existing 10x10mm grid.
Another option could be laying them fla: again, custom milling on the baseplat or bottom of chassis itself would be required.

This would be the main element allowing me to use your product instead of any of the other DIY Chassis options out there. I'm hoping that customized risers will be able to be produced and would like to discuss further with you!

Many thanks,
R

Drilling the bottom cover of our chassis is a good option, the only thing we need is a CAD drawing in either DXF or DWG format where you draw the holes you would like us to make. This can only be done with the Slim Line with aluminium covers

Let me know which model you are interested into and I'll send you the exact dimensions

Hello. Thank you.

I think I would need to go with the Slimline 3U, 350mm depth in order to stand any chance of making this viable. The required working height of the modules is 84mm; no problem there. But in the "flat" arrangement, the depth of the interior space becomes a possible sticking point with only 34mm of space left available assuming no space between modules.

Will this unit be able to be rack mounted using the required 10mm front panel for the aluminum chassis option?

No valid option for customized risers? (Please,please, please... ;) )

Again, thank you for your consideration!

Best,
R

Only the model with a 4mm front panel can be rack mounted but it's also possible to have a chassis that comes with that and aluminium covers (it's not on the store, but we sell this unit).

In order to make riser panels with a different grid another tool would be required since all our baseplates and riser panels are made the same way. Some years ago they were in a 12x10 grid but since then we have changed them to 10x10 to make them easier to mount components on.

Because of this I think the cheapest and most viable solution would be to drill the bottom cover

Grazie.

I played around with some cut outs and am definitely concerned about the fit in the bigger slimline chassis. Without accounting for the space inside the chassis that the XLR/Speakons and Binding Posts will take up, it is a very tight fit.
I may need to look for a local shop that could fabricate Risers, thus allowing me to use your baseplate.
This gives me food for thought.

I will see if there is an affordable option to do this locally, otherwise I may need to rethink my plan.

Again, thank you. I will follow up when I have an answer to this.

Cheers,
R

Status
Not open for further replies.