F4 shopping list

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello,

I am on the verge to move from plan to beginning for an F4, I don't think I have the skills to build and test such a complicated project but my dear friend Ciro who is a skilled guy with the right tools, it would sure be fun for me to solder and so on but between trial and error, buy a new soldering station, a decent multimeter and some dozen burnt MOSFETS I agreed with Ciro on him to build this thing.

Questions:

the board kit in the store is meant for two boards for each channel or should I get two?

I guess the transistor kit, provided it will not be me to do the soldering, testing, bias etc should fit the job, just one, correct?

I started a thread asking advise and given I am in possession of an Audio Research SP9 with around 20db gain and JBL speakers with 90db efficiency and the majority of the users pushed towards the F4, I just (...) need one more push to hit the button and start and get the boards.

Buona Easter everybody

Giovanni from Italí

The "board kit" contains 2 boards, one for each channel (stereo).
The "transistor kit", as it implies, are good for two channels but you have to add the input Jfets (2SK170 and 2SJ74).
Download the Bill Of Materials from the "Additional Information Section " of the product page for the F4 F-4 – diyAudio Store for your reference and check the parts you need to get which is not part of the kit.

Ciao and thank you so much for your prompt reply, yes, I know it takes also the Jfets which so far seem not being available and which, by the way, my friend Ciro says he has already.

I will get the MOSFETS and their boards through the DIY store, remaining stuff here in Italy also because it is gonna be a long and expensive project to carry on so it will take some time.

Grazie ancora

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.