F6 Kit questions

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
A 3U 400 MM chassis should work for the F6 at "normal" bias levels.

https://www.diyaudio.com/forums/pass-labs/277850-f6-illustrated-build-guide-166.html#post6099699

Personally I prefer at 400 mm chassis nowadays - gives me more freedom to place the toroidal transformer and power supply PCBs inside, and put some space between components.

I am assuming this is the diyAudio Store 3U x 400 mm chassis you are referring too.

You can order with the UMS option - then the heat-sink will come with mounting holes for the diyAudio Store F6 clone PCBs pre-drilled and tapped. You can use other diyAudio Store PCBs with the same chassis in case you want to build something different in the future.

Tapping holes for machine screws can be a pain for some folks (broken taps, wrong size, plenty to go wrong :).

Last edited:
F6 Kit Zeners

As the topic.'s title is "F6 Kit questions" here is my question :)

I just received the kit and founded inside 2 sets of 4 zener diods.
Some are 5.1 V and others 6.0 V.

Which ones must I use without changing anything in the kit?

I'm a little bit scared due to all discussions about this AMP, changing resistors value and so on.

Many thanks for the answers.

PS : I have ordered directly from Italy the chassis 4U 300mm as I am in France (no customs, no VAT).

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.