Slimline 3U question

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I'm working on a project that I'm hoping to use the Slimline 3U chassis in the 350mm size (aluminum panels). I would like to find out the position of the vent slots in the bottom panel so I can plan mounting positions of PCB boards, transformers, etc.

The CAD drawings on the Modushop website don't match the Slimline 2U 280mm chassis that I recently got, so I'm assuming that some changes have been made to the design.

Are the slots on the 3U 350mm chassis baseplate the same as the 2U 280mm, regarding the size and position of the slots relative to the back of the enclosure? If so, I can take measurements off the panel that I have.

Thanks.

Hello Jay

The position of the vent holes in the cad files is just to give a better idea of their location but, as you said, they do not match with the real holes.

You can use the 280mm cover you already have and add the missing space to make it to 350mm.

Don't forget the actual depth of the cover is 353mm (and the one you already have is 283).

Feel free to ask more if anything is not clear

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.