Just received my Slimline, small issue however

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Just got my Slimline 2U chassis and everything is spot on except some of the screws. Mainly, the (8) screws used to secure the bottom and top plate are too short. I ordered the 3mm aluminum panels but the screws seem only long enough to work with the 1mm steel panels as they can't grip the nuts in the side rail tracks enough for a secure hold.

There were some extra longer screws used to secure the included base plate that I was able to use for the bottom panel fine. But I need (4) more longer screws for the top one my build is done.

I don't have an issue ordering them online but wasn't sure what size they are. Any ideas?

Joined 2011
Place the original and new screws side by side but in reverse, and see if the threads mesh
together properly. There are two different thread pitches for M3 screws, fine and coarse.

Then compare the diameters. Shouldn't be hard to tell if it's the right one.

Last edited:
They are M3x8 screws. You should have received 3 different small bags of screws: one with the ones necessary for mounting the panels, one for the side brackets and with the screws necessary to mount the aluminium covers.

Can you confirm this? I am thinking you are only missing one of the three bags of screws

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.