Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

The diyAudio Store A forum for discussing anything about the products available in The diyAudio Store.

Burson Audio V5i Hybrid Opamp
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 27th June 2020, 02:53 AM   #1
b4bz is offline b4bz  Canada
diyAudio Member

Default Burson Audio V5i Hybrid Opamp

Looking for a simple and good circuit design for an opamp preamp to go with my ACA that uses the dual "Burson Audio V5i Hybrid Opamp" that just became available on the site. It will need to use the same 24V single rail power supply as the ACA. Volume control not needed as I have that already with my source. Any suggestions? A project with available bare boards would be ideal, but not required. Thanks!
And... a simple and good design for a preamp using the same opamp with a differential input and the usual V+/V- supply. Thanks x2!
I've ordered the opamps already, cause, why not, and also got a number of ne5532's from digikey as guinea pigs.
Old 29th June 2020, 04:15 AM   #2
SSaudio is offline SSaudio  Australia
diyAudio Member

Hello b4bz,
You could use this preamp kit:
Universal Stereo Preamplifier Kit | Jaycar Electronics
With +/-12V power supply, this kit will work well with the V5i dual opamp.
Best regards,
Old 3rd July 2020, 11:33 PM   #3
astromo is offline astromo  Australia
diyAudio Member

You might have difficulty sourcing that kit. If you get the SC article you'll get the PCB image, as well. Then it's a case of how good your etching skills are.

One back up plan could be to get Rod Elliott's project 88:
High Quality Audio Preamp
At least the boards are in production.
  Reply to this post

Burson Audio V5i Hybrid OpampHide this!Advertise here!