Korg Nutube B1 Pre-Order Q&A

Status
Not open for further replies.
Switches things on and off again
Joined 2000
Paid Member
The intention of this thread is to allow the main thread to stay on topic about the project itself, without getting diluted by pre-order questions. The store helpdesk will watch this thread but not the main Korg Nutube B1 thread.

Where to ask your question:

• General questions about the pre-order process, kit composition, etc: right here!
  • Non-technical assistance with your pre-order: email the store helpdesk
  • All technical discussion not specific to the pre-order itself: Korg Nutube B1 thread

Project Links

Pre-order Links

Last edited:
Joined 2000
Paid Member
I'd totally forgotten I said we'd make that an option. I'll add an option for a silver faceplate in a few hours. Silver will be available for the pre-order period only. If anyone has already purchased and would like to switch (no charge) please send the helpdesk an email.

Joined 2000
Paid Member
Good question. The included power supply (Triad WSU240-0500-13) supports 90-264 VAC input but will have a US style plug. You will need to use a plug adapter to suit your country's style of plugs. We're just keeping things simple for this launch.

We support the international community by having US/EU/AU IEC power cords as options for power supplies which use an IEC connector such as the ACA's Meanwell power supply (I'm Australian so I feel your plug pain!). If there are kits in the future which use an IEC connector, we will no doubt offer multiple plug options with them.

what to buy

I am interested in this kit but I don't need a chassis and related parts. I have several chassis around. Moreover I need 6 inputs, because I have sveral junks connected to my system

From what I understand I should buy

1. PCB + JFET
2. Korg Nutube
3. Completion KIT

Am I correct that this three components are all what I need except for the chassis?

A) Was there ever an illustrated build guide created for this project?
B) Is it buried somewhere in the hundreds of pages of the main thread? Or is there a clear link to it that I’m missing?

I know, I know. Everything is there to be figured out. But some of us don’t want to screw up, and want to gain from more experienced DIYers’ experience.

Joined 2000
Paid Member
They keep saying US plug, but other countries use the same plug, such as Canada Mexico and a few countries of south America as well as Japan. Haha

Yes, technically it's a "Type A". But not as many know at a glance what that means and rattling off all those countries is a mouthful. It's worth noting being Type A it's ungrounded. Here's the data sheet for the Triad power supply.

A) Was there ever an illustrated build guide created for this project?
B) Is it buried somewhere in the hundreds of pages of the main thread? Or is there a clear link to it that I’m missing?

I know, I know. Everything is there to be figured out. But some of us don’t want to screw up, and want to gain from more experienced DIYers’ experience.

Yes absolutely there will be a great build guide by 6L6 and he's been hard at work at it for months. It's under construction, almost finished in fact and is looking great. If you like you can have a sneak peak at a dump of the images the build guide will use (under construction).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.