Korg Nutube B1 Pre-Order Q&A

Status
Not open for further replies.
Switches things on and off again
Joined 2000
Paid Member
hello,
I would be tempted to order two boards for a balanced preamp.
is the option to have 8 matched fets and how would it be possible to add this option/note to the order?
thanks,
Matt.

Not currently as we use a 3PL (3rd party logistics facility) and aren't currently planning on producing a balanced kit so an 8-fet product won't exist, and there won't be a balanced PCB or chassis. There would be quite a bit of interest in a balanced option but I don't think it will be from the store at this stage. Never say never of course. I'd suggest checking in the B1K technical discussion thread what the requirements would be for this purpose, and go DIY it from there.

Last edited:
Hello all, I placed order of nutube, PCB and Jfet to integrated with my old pre amp, where can I get the parts list for other parts like capacitors and resistor values?

I found this picture and write down the value Already, thanks

IMG_2551.jpeg

Not currently as we use a 3PL (3rd party logistics facility) and aren't currently planning on producing a balanced kit so an 8-fet product won't exist, and there won't be a balanced PCB or chassis. There would be quite a bit of interest in a balanced option but I don't think it will be from the store at this stage. Never say never of course. I'd suggest checking in the B1K technical discussion thread what the requirements would be for this purpose, and go DIY it from there.
thank you, Jason.
I just proceeded ordering two boards for a balanced config, let's see, thanks,

Matt.

I have a few questions about the Korg B1 kit.

1. Is there or will there be a build guide?
2. How about a wiring diagram?

3. What, if any, is the gain on this preamp?
4. Does this preamp pass an out-of-phase signal?
5. If so, how and where does this get straightened out?

I'm very interested in ordering this preamp kit, but I could definitely use a little more information/ guidance before I do. Thanks in advance for whatever help you might be willing to offer a relative newbie to this kind of thing.

I have a few questions about the Korg B1 kit.

1. Is there or will there be a build guide?
2. How about a wiring diagram?

3. What, if any, is the gain on this preamp?
4. Does this preamp pass an out-of-phase signal?
5. If so, how and where does this get straightened out?

I'm very interested in ordering this preamp kit, but I could definitely use a little more information/ guidance before I do. Thanks in advance for whatever help you might be willing to offer a relative newbie to this kind of thing.

1 and 2. Yes, 6L6 is working on it. You can take a peek to some of the images that will be used.
3. 16 db
4 and 5. B1K paper by Nelson Pass

Status
Not open for further replies.