Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

The diyAudio Store A forum for discussing anything about the products available in The diyAudio Store.

Is there a waiting list or similar for the upcoming Pass Vfet kit?
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 29th August 2019, 06:40 AM   #1
aspringv is offline aspringv  Australia
diyAudio Member

Default Is there a waiting list or similar for the upcoming Pass Vfet kit?

Hi there,

I understand there's going to be another VFET kit coming out of some mysterious and as yet undefined amp. I'd anticipate a bit of a feeding frenzy, so I'm wondering if there's a waitlist of any form likely to be happening?

I for one would be a little disappointed if I just happened to not log in for a few days and missed the boat!

I reckon there will be a few folks quite interested so wondering if there could be some description of the likely process?

Thanks kindly!
Old 1st September 2019, 01:41 AM   #2
Jason is offline Jason  Australia
:)
diyAudio Administrator

This is a very good question and I think the answer should be "yes". I might make some software to handle that task specifically.
Old 1st September 2019, 02:16 AM   #3
brownaye is offline brownaye  United States
diyAudio Member

subbed!
Old 1st September 2019, 09:20 PM   #4
invaderzim is offline invaderzim  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aspringv View Post
...I for one would be a little disappointed if I just happened to not log in for a few days and missed the boat!...
Well said. I keep figuring when things get crazy around here and I don't log in for awhile I'll come back and see a "all the kits are sold" message.
Old 1st September 2019, 09:39 PM   #5
mordikai is offline mordikai  United States
diyAudio Member

Send a message via Yahoo to mordikai
I don’t know, I kinda like the free for all, snooze you loose approach. Makes diyaudio seem more real and important. I’ve cried (not a joke) over some off the earlier offerings I’ve missed out on, never again. I check in several times a day now.
Old 1st September 2019, 10:01 PM   #6
zman01 is offline zman01  Bangladesh
diyAudio Member

Interested also!
Old 2nd September 2019, 01:14 AM   #7
diyAudio Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mordikai View Post
I don’t know, I kinda like the free for all, snooze you loose approach. Makes diyaudio seem more real and important. I’ve cried (not a joke) over some off the earlier offerings I’ve missed out on, never again. I check in several times a day now.
The way I would implement it would be a combination that gives security as well as "you snooze you lose".

A waitlist where you know your exact queue position and the exact atomic clock time an email will be sent to you, as well as options for a secondary backup email or text message and/or ability to log into your "waitlist manager" to see the link just in case email fails to send/be received for whatever reason.

Emails are sent out in order of the queue, 2 minutes apart for each position. You know exactly when yours will be sent and can be prepared. If you don't jump on it quickly it will go to someone who was involved enough to be prepared.

From experience, the usual purchase rate of people on a waitlist is about 1 in 10 (really!). So it's important that the 9/10 who have consumed queue positions but don't end up buying are swept out of the queue in order that those who are engaged can participate.
Old 2nd September 2019, 01:46 AM   #8
hirscwi is offline hirscwi  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason View Post
The way I would implement it would be a combination that gives security as well as "you snooze you lose".

A waitlist where you know your exact queue position and the exact atomic clock time an email will be sent to you, as well as options for a secondary backup email or text message and/or ability to log into your "waitlist manager" to see the link just in case email fails to send/be received for whatever reason.

Emails are sent out in order of the queue, 2 minutes apart for each position. You know exactly when yours will be sent and can be prepared. If you don't jump on it quickly it will go to someone who was involved enough to be prepared.

From experience, the usual purchase rate of people on a waitlist is about 1 in 10 (really!). So it's important that the 9/10 who have consumed queue positions but don't end up buying are swept out of the queue in order that those who are engaged can participate.
Sounds simple enough. How do we get onto the queue?
Old 2nd September 2019, 01:51 AM   #9
diyAudio Administrator

A link would be posted that takes you to a wizard that guides you through everything.
Old 2nd September 2019, 01:55 AM   #10
aspringv is offline aspringv  Australia
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason View Post

<snip!>

Wow! I find that kinda amazing, but also not that surprising i guess. Anticipation hits financial reality and... no purchase.

I suppose in a perfect world you'd have a thread with the proposed 'opening' of the waitlist declared, and then let folks jump onto that thread when it 'opens' and then go through your process of emails and so on.

It's getting a bit recursive though... you almost need a thread about the thread that'll let you know about the waitlist...

Is there a waiting list or similar for the upcoming Pass Vfet kit?Hide this!Advertise here!