Is there a waiting list or similar for the upcoming Pass Vfet kit?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Joined 2010
Paid Member
Hi there,

I understand there's going to be another VFET kit coming out of some mysterious and as yet undefined amp. I'd anticipate a bit of a feeding frenzy, so I'm wondering if there's a waitlist of any form likely to be happening?

I for one would be a little disappointed if I just happened to not log in for a few days and missed the boat!

I reckon there will be a few folks quite interested so wondering if there could be some description of the likely process?

Thanks kindly!

Switches things on and off again
Joined 2000
Paid Member
I don’t know, I kinda like the free for all, snooze you loose approach. Makes diyaudio seem more real and important. I’ve cried (not a joke) over some off the earlier offerings I’ve missed out on, never again. I check in several times a day now.

The way I would implement it would be a combination that gives security as well as "you snooze you lose".

A waitlist where you know your exact queue position and the exact atomic clock time an email will be sent to you, as well as options for a secondary backup email or text message and/or ability to log into your "waitlist manager" to see the link just in case email fails to send/be received for whatever reason.

Emails are sent out in order of the queue, 2 minutes apart for each position. You know exactly when yours will be sent and can be prepared. If you don't jump on it quickly it will go to someone who was involved enough to be prepared.

From experience, the usual purchase rate of people on a waitlist is about 1 in 10 (really!). So it's important that the 9/10 who have consumed queue positions but don't end up buying are swept out of the queue in order that those who are engaged can participate.

Joined 2014
Paid Member
The way I would implement it would be a combination that gives security as well as "you snooze you lose".

A waitlist where you know your exact queue position and the exact atomic clock time an email will be sent to you, as well as options for a secondary backup email or text message and/or ability to log into your "waitlist manager" to see the link just in case email fails to send/be received for whatever reason.

Emails are sent out in order of the queue, 2 minutes apart for each position. You know exactly when yours will be sent and can be prepared. If you don't jump on it quickly it will go to someone who was involved enough to be prepared.

From experience, the usual purchase rate of people on a waitlist is about 1 in 10 (really!). So it's important that the 9/10 who have consumed queue positions but don't end up buying are swept out of the queue in order that those who are engaged can participate.

Sounds simple enough. How do we get onto the queue?

Joined 2010
Paid Member

<snip!>

Wow! I find that kinda amazing, but also not that surprising i guess. Anticipation hits financial reality and... no purchase.

I suppose in a perfect world you'd have a thread with the proposed 'opening' of the waitlist declared, and then let folks jump onto that thread when it 'opens' and then go through your process of emails and so on.

It's getting a bit recursive though... you almost need a thread about the thread that'll let you know about the waitlist... :rofl:

Joined 2010
Paid Member
Thanks for the answer also. I'm always appreciative of how much the forum here runs on good will and sincere effort to help folks out, who occasionally might not realise the amount work required to make things happen.

Even if I miss out, I'd like to think I'm grateful for the opportunity. ;)

Thanks again!

Joined 2000
Paid Member
Wow! I find that kinda amazing, but also not that surprising i guess. Anticipation hits financial reality and... no purchase.

I suppose in a perfect world you'd have a thread with the proposed 'opening' of the waitlist declared, and then let folks jump onto that thread when it 'opens' and then go through your process of emails and so on.

It's getting a bit recursive though... you almost need a thread about the thread that'll let you know about the waitlist... :rofl:

One central place for information and good regular communication is the best solution. Right now it's very hard / incredibly time consuming to actually send email updates (lots of copying of email addresses across systems), or post news (where?). This would fix all that.

Joined 2010
Paid Member
Maybe change the diyaudio landing page? OCAU seems to do it well, insofar as the landing page is a daily news update. No idea if that's the best model to follow, but easy to include key messages there that are broadly needing broadcast.

Edit: I should say I have -no- expertise in this area!

Edit edit: That might be a bad idea actually - I scan the threads there near daily for interesting chats ongoing, and I guess that's the main point here at diy!

Last edited:
Is there a way to have a thread that only admins can post in? Then those interested could subscribe and when the new item is available the admin could post a reply to the thread and everyone that subscribed would get and email notice. It wouldn't guarantee that you'd get one but at least it would be a heads up.

Joined 2000
Paid Member
Is there a way to have a thread that only admins can post in? Then those interested could subscribe and when the new item is available the admin could post a reply to the thread and everyone that subscribed would get and email notice. It wouldn't guarantee that you'd get one but at least it would be a heads up.

A notification list? Yes, we already have that functionality and use it. I was talking about a queue system as a solution to the OPs question about "missing out".

There will be certainly be a list for this. That said the first place a link to a new product is ever posted has traditionally been in the discussion thread itself. That makes sure the most engaged and active people see it and have a chance to participate.

Joined 2010
Paid Member
A notification list? Yes, we already have that functionality and use it. I was talking about a queue system as a solution to the OPs question about "missing out".

There will be certainly be a list for this. That said the first place a link to a new product is ever posted has traditionally been in the discussion thread itself. That makes sure the most engaged and active people see it and have a chance to participate.

That's kinda what prompted me to post. I don't really check the old VFET thread anymore since building mine, and I imagine that's where an initial post might go.

I guess it's the 'might' there that's the challenge!

Joined 2000
Paid Member
No matter what happens, without good communication in the lead up and published times and dates, someone will be asleep when the email goes out (50% of all the store's shipments are international). I'd really like to avoid that. Systems makes things easier and leave less room for mistakes, so I do appreciate all the comments in this thread and will definitely work on something for the future.

Until then, do know there will be a list of some kind, and I'll post a link here to be sure you know about it when it appears.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.