Is there a waiting list or similar for the upcoming Pass Vfet kit?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Joined 2010
Paid Member
that youtube link is blocked for australia! :rofl:

Lordy I do like to laugh about the asinine content control thats inflicted on us down here. No wonder we have some of the highest rates of piracy in the world...

@hirscwi Re the link question there, I reckon Jason's been pretty clear and helpful here - and this whole discussion was with regards to how folks will be informed; ie watch this thread and you'll see a note in due course. Release dates around here are normally 'when it's ready'... (thanks Mr Pass!)

Last edited:
that youtube link is blocked for australia! :rofl:

Lordy I do like to laugh about the asinine content control thats inflicted on us down here. No wonder we have some of the highest rates of piracy in the world...

Of course, Comedy Central will lose enormous revenue because Ozzies can't view that vid. We're such a ginormous market. Drop in the bucket.

Interested to see what turns up in this thread.

Of course, Comedy Central will lose enormous revenue because Ozzies can't view that vid. We're such a ginormous market. Drop in the bucket.

They've probably already made their money on the content there by selling the rights to their content in Australia. That's what makes viewing content in other countries so much fun; the mess of different people that own the licencing rights in different locations.

From experience, the usual purchase rate of people on a waitlist is about 1 in 10 (really!). So it's important that the 9/10 who have consumed queue positions but don't end up buying are swept out of the queue in order that those who are engaged can participate.

I can see that. The spur of the moment "I want one!!!" often mellows with time. My own new 'rule' is that I try to never order something when I first see it online. I've saved a lot of money that way.

6L6

Joined 2010
Paid Member
Remember that this will absolutely positively be the last of the DIY Vfet offerings from Nelson's very own collection of transistors.

The amp is being made from the devices kept in reserve for those builders who smoked them when building the previous amp (Sont Vfet DIY) ... well, the success rate was very high, and those devices were not needed and will become the last amp.

There will be a few more "one time only" sales of projects from Nelson's stash in the next couple years. You just need to take it on faith that the guy knows what he's doing and it sounds good. (I'm pretty good making that assumption, personally... :yes: :yes: :yes: )

6L6

Joined 2010
Paid Member
Dark Helmet: What the He|| am I lookin’ at? When does this happen in the movie?

Sandurz: Now. Whatever you’re looking at now, is happening now.

Dark Helmet: Well, what happened to then?

Sandurz: We just passed it.

Dark Helmet: When?

Sandurz: Just now.

Dark Helmet: Well, go back to then.

Sandurz: We can’t.

Dark Jelmet: Why not?

Sandurz: We already passed it.

Dark Helmet: When will then be now?

Sandurz: Soon.

f1d82b2ac2d4d62b826aea2d80217aa91e05902337214d26c5140dbed531edd3.jpg

Last edited:
In case any of you missed it, Nelson Pass posted this in the Pass Labs forum in the thread "Simple SE Sit Amp" about the middle of July. I'll paste it below. I really really hope I can get in on this and it doesn't sell out or get by me.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As usual ZM is tuned into my subconscious.

Just because he loves it so much, the Edcor 600:15K is the
voltage gain stage for very-soon-to-be-released DIY Sony VFET
amplifier.

Listening done, Curves run, part list printed out.

Machinists are carving heat sink metal as we sit here, and final artwork
is ready to go out the door for quick turn-around.

I tried to make it more complicated and obscure, but it's just not in me.

The first offering will be 200 channels using P chan VFET and then 200
of N channel.

Those out there with VFETs already will be able to get kits without that
part.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.