Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

The diyAudio Store A forum for discussing anything about the products available in The diyAudio Store.

Is there a waiting list or similar for the upcoming Pass Vfet kit?
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 3rd September 2019, 12:11 AM   #21
aspringv is offline aspringv  Australia
diyAudio Member

that youtube link is blocked for australia!

Lordy I do like to laugh about the asinine content control thats inflicted on us down here. No wonder we have some of the highest rates of piracy in the world...

@hirscwi Re the link question there, I reckon Jason's been pretty clear and helpful here - and this whole discussion was with regards to how folks will be informed; ie watch this thread and you'll see a note in due course. Release dates around here are normally 'when it's ready'... (thanks Mr Pass!)

Last edited by aspringv; 3rd September 2019 at 12:16 AM. Reason: clarity, and it sounded a bit harsh!
Old 9th September 2019, 11:40 AM   #22
astromo is offline astromo  Australia
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aspringv View Post
that youtube link is blocked for australia!

Lordy I do like to laugh about the asinine content control thats inflicted on us down here. No wonder we have some of the highest rates of piracy in the world...
Of course, Comedy Central will lose enormous revenue because Ozzies can't view that vid. We're such a ginormous market. Drop in the bucket.

Interested to see what turns up in this thread.
Old 9th September 2019, 03:02 PM   #23
invaderzim is offline invaderzim  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by astromo View Post
Of course, Comedy Central will lose enormous revenue because Ozzies can't view that vid. We're such a ginormous market. Drop in the bucket.
They've probably already made their money on the content there by selling the rights to their content in Australia. That's what makes viewing content in other countries so much fun; the mess of different people that own the licencing rights in different locations.
Old 9th September 2019, 03:04 PM   #24
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason View Post
From experience, the usual purchase rate of people on a waitlist is about 1 in 10 (really!). So it's important that the 9/10 who have consumed queue positions but don't end up buying are swept out of the queue in order that those who are engaged can participate.
I can see that. The spur of the moment "I want one!!!" often mellows with time. My own new 'rule' is that I try to never order something when I first see it online. I've saved a lot of money that way.
Old 9th September 2019, 03:07 PM   #25
6L6 is offline 6L6  United States
diyAudio Moderator

Remember that this will absolutely positively be the last of the DIY Vfet offerings from Nelson's very own collection of transistors.

The amp is being made from the devices kept in reserve for those builders who smoked them when building the previous amp (Sont Vfet DIY) ... well, the success rate was very high, and those devices were not needed and will become the last amp.

There will be a few more "one time only" sales of projects from Nelson's stash in the next couple years. You just need to take it on faith that the guy knows what he's doing and it sounds good. (I'm pretty good making that assumption, personally... )
Old 9th September 2019, 03:48 PM   #26
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6L6 View Post
... You just need to take it on faith that the guy knows what he's doing and it sounds good. (I'm pretty good making that assumption, personally... )
He had me at "all the good things from a tube and none of the bad".

Although my recent history with builds and resulting smoke has me a bit hesitant at this point.
Old 9th September 2019, 05:30 PM   #27
Reima is offline Reima  United States
diyAudio Member

I have missed out on a number of interesting projects because I found them too late, I don't want to miss out on this one.
Old 3rd October 2019, 12:35 AM   #28
Jmcilmoyle is offline Jmcilmoyle
diyAudio Member

Watching
Old 4th October 2019, 04:01 PM   #29
robert8 is offline robert8  United States
diyAudio Member

Default last vfet

hoping to get in on this one
Old 7th October 2019, 06:56 PM   #30
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6L6 View Post
The amp is being made from the devices kept in reserve for those builders who smoked them when building the previous amp
I keep picturing myself being that person with this build...

Sometimes I think chips are too sensitive for my clumsiness; If I screw up with tubes they just go "is that all you've got?" and keep working.

Is there a waiting list or similar for the upcoming Pass Vfet kit?Hide this!Advertise here!