Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

The diyAudio Store A forum for discussing anything about the products available in The diyAudio Store.

TU-8500 Preamp kit built, but no power
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 8th August 2019, 08:01 PM   #1
790rivers is offline 790rivers  United States
diyAudio Member

Default TU-8500 Preamp kit built, but no power

I just finished building the kit and it is not powering up. Anyone else have similar birthing issues? I have AC through the front toggle power switch, and continuity on the first two-wire harness. But no LED light, no tube glow. I'm not sure how to trouble shoot beyond basic continuity of the harnesses. If I have to send it out, where does it go? And if it turns out to be a bad transformer, will DIYAudio or Elekit cover it? Many thanks for collective wisdom.
Old 8th August 2019, 10:13 PM   #2
stank0 is offline stank0  United States
diyAudio Member

Default No power TU-8500

I built mine in January. It worked fine right off the bat. When I turn on the power switch the blue light does not come on right away. After about 3-5 seconds there is a click and the blue light comes on. There is some sort of time delay to let the tube heaters get up to temp, before the rest of the amp is powered up. Which means the power switch on the front panel is merely starting the start up process and an internal relay is really turning on the full power.
Iím not at home right now. I could have a look through the build instructions to jog my memory some more. -alex
Old 9th August 2019, 02:55 AM   #3
WKCox is offline WKCox  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 790rivers View Post
I just finished building the kit and it is not powering up. Anyone else have similar birthing issues? I have AC through the front toggle power switch, and continuity on the first two-wire harness. But no LED light, no tube glow. I'm not sure how to trouble shoot beyond basic continuity of the harnesses. If I have to send it out, where does it go? And if it turns out to be a bad transformer, will DIYAudio or Elekit cover it? Many thanks for collective wisdom.
Suggest posting in the Elekit forum. You're likely to get a faster response from Elekit users.
Pass F5, M2x, ACA, B1, B1 Korg; Audio Research ST-70-C3; Dynaco ST-35; Audio Electronic Supply SE-1; Elekit TU-8500; Hagerman Bugle; Scan-Speak Solist MTM; Selah SA-1; Seas Loki; Cavalli eXStatA; Millett Hybrid MAX, Hybrid MiniMAX
Old 9th August 2019, 07:29 AM   #4
Jason is offline Jason  Australia
:)
diyAudio Administrator

790rivers - Victor Kung will be in touch with you directly.

TU-8500 Preamp kit built, but no powerHide this!Advertise here!