TU-8500 Preamp kit built, but no power

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I just finished building the kit and it is not powering up. Anyone else have similar birthing issues? I have AC through the front toggle power switch, and continuity on the first two-wire harness. But no LED light, no tube glow. I'm not sure how to trouble shoot beyond basic continuity of the harnesses. If I have to send it out, where does it go? And if it turns out to be a bad transformer, will DIYAudio or Elekit cover it? Many thanks for collective wisdom.

No power TU-8500

I built mine in January. It worked fine right off the bat. When I turn on the power switch the blue light does not come on right away. After about 3-5 seconds there is a click and the blue light comes on. There is some sort of time delay to let the tube heaters get up to temp, before the rest of the amp is powered up. Which means the power switch on the front panel is merely starting the start up process and an internal relay is really turning on the full power.
I’m not at home right now. I could have a look through the build instructions to jog my memory some more. -alex

I just finished building the kit and it is not powering up. Anyone else have similar birthing issues? I have AC through the front toggle power switch, and continuity on the first two-wire harness. But no LED light, no tube glow. I'm not sure how to trouble shoot beyond basic continuity of the harnesses. If I have to send it out, where does it go? And if it turns out to be a bad transformer, will DIYAudio or Elekit cover it? Many thanks for collective wisdom.

Suggest posting in the Elekit forum. You're likely to get a faster response from Elekit users.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.