Elekit TU-8600R 300B (and Tubes)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
So, now that the store has this available, I was (as always) wondering if this would be the right path for me.

Given the price difference to other DIY kits, this requires further thought and research.

So, first thing first: where would I get tubes for the Amp?

Living in Ecuador, it's not like I can go out to the next door store and get a set. :( What are our options in the international community? Could we expect the store to have some tubes as a kit (or even as part of the same kit) in the future?

Thanks.
Rafa.

As a second question: if the ACA Amp camp amp with a 19v power supply (5W output) was able to drive my 4Ohm 87db efficient Totem Rainmakers, could I expect the 9.2W from the TU-8600R to afford, at least, a similar volume? Or are 'tube watts' (if that even exists) different and, specially due to low impedance, the 9W would prove insufficient?

Herb said that his similarly speced LS50s were good, but not great.

I do have smaller 8 Ohm Totem Kin Minis, that could be a better match, but then the Amp would seem a bit overkill for the $500 speakers.

What are your gut feelings about this? Thanks a lot,
Rafa.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.