Go Back   Home > Forums > >

The diyAudio Store A forum for discussing anything about the products available in The diyAudio Store.

Starving Student II Headphone Amplifier
Starving Student II Headphone Amplifier
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 25th December 2020, 03:46 PM   #201
MEPER is offline MEPER  Denmark
diyAudio Member

It seems 18FX6(A) tubes are a bit more hard to find than 1-2 years back. Prices also seems to have raised a bit.
But there are probably several thusands of these tubes out there.....somewhere?
Sylvania, General Electric, RCA are also very nice tubes. I have only one Tung-Sol tube so far....
I think the amp used as pre is at a very high level on an absolute scale (and not only relative to price).
Old 29th December 2020, 08:18 PM   #202
pmillett is offline pmillett  United States
diyAudio Member

Default 18FX6(A) tubes

If anybody needs more 18FX6 tubes, I still have a pretty big stock. Raytheon, RCA, and Sylvania, and a few GE that I know of, and maybe some other oddballs (some were reboxed so I'm not sure what's inside).

If you need some send me a PM.

Pete
Old 6th January 2021, 01:07 PM   #203
arnob is offline arnob
diyAudio Member

Is there anywhere I can buy just the pcb for for Starving Student 2 or get the pcb design files?
  Reply to this post

Starving Student II Headphone AmplifierHide this!Advertise here!