Elekit TU-8100 PCL86 integrated amplifier

Switches things on and off again
Joined 2000
Paid Member
If this one goes well, then absolutely. Most things in the diyAudio store have been produced by the diyAudio store. However, I feel that this range of kits from Elekit is a very good match and of interest to the membership. In particular this low voltage SMPS powered SET amp fits perfectly with our theme of beginner friendly projects that explore the objectivist/subjectivist debate.

Help with elekit Tu8100

Hi. I am new to this forum. I attempted to assemble the Elekit Tu 8100 as my first project. It was fun and I learned a lot as I went along.

I am pretty sure I followed all the directions. I am not great with soldering, but I think all my connections are good (or at least not terrible).

I plugged in the unit and nothing happened. Neither tube lit up.

I took off the metal case and checked all the solder points. I re-did a few that looked suspect, but when I tried again, still no power.

I enjoy tube equipment a great deal and wanted to try to build a kit, but I guess I didn't do something right.

I know it is fairly general question since I assume there are many potential things that could be wrong, but are there any specific places I might want to try to look at first to see what might cause the problem with no power?

I guess I should have tried something a little easier for the first attempt, but the Elekit gets such great reviews as a kit and for sound, this was hard to pass up the attempt at least.

Thanks for any guidance.

Bill :confused::confused:

Switches things on and off again
Joined 2000
Paid Member
^^ What he said :) There's plenty of smart people on diyAudio who love to help debug amps, and we also have Victor from Elekit in this thread to assist. Start with lots of detailed photos of how you have put it together and soldered it and we'll work through it step by step...

Hi, I have had this kit in my workshop for a few months but have been too busy to get it started, I hope to build it over the summer then maybe pair it up with an F4.
Does anybody know the output voltage and db gain of the TU-8100 as I would like to check if it is a suitable partner for the F4.

Hello all, I've been looking for a small tube amp to run my ribbon tweeters. The TU8100 might be ideal. I'm using a marchand active crossover and very robust single ended diy amp from a friend 90hz and up. I have set up a 3 way active speaker but have been using passive crossover from the mid-woofer to tweeter. Was going to crossover electronically at around 3500hz.

I was wondering if you all had any thoughts on this idea. Suggestions on the build, mods, or parts that might make it better. I have no problem with executing the build at all I just don't know the engineering side of things. The potentiometer/volume might actually be very useful in matching the ribbon's sensitivity.

Thanks, Chad

Hi, I have had this kit in my workshop for a few months but have been too busy to get it started, I hope to build it over the summer then maybe pair it up with an F4.
Does anybody know the output voltage and db gain of the TU-8100 as I would like to check if it is a suitable partner for the F4.

The db gain spec is in your manual.
output voltage - There is no such info

Elekit, Diyaudiostore, thank you bringing out such a wonderful tube amp, simple and sweet...I always wanted to build one, but wanted a headstart, now I begin the learning journey....It took me around 5 hours to build it ground up and only got one slight scare while firing it first time...after 10 seconds,the left Led started blinking, while I was testing offset. I am not sure why and how, the problem disappeared after attaching the test speakers and since then it is singing beautifully. I have only noticed two issues, guess the forum could help understand the reasons why...

1. There is very small but noticable distortion on one channel when there is no audio playing, goes away when music starts playing.
2. The audio signal if fed through front jack sounds higher than while being fed through rear rca jacks... but if you just plug in an empty cable to the front jack while feeding sound through rear input , the rear fed sound also increases, don't think this is normal, but maybe it is by design..

Few build pics IMG_0205.jpg IMG_0206.jpg IMG_0207.jpg IMG_0209.jpg IMG_0210.jpg IMG_0208.jpg IMG_0211.jpg IMG_0212.jpg 1560117598009.jpg

I have recently finished building my TU 8100 kit and would like to thank Victor for an excellent kit with clear and precise instructions. Like kpsthakur I had a blinking left hand chanel which dissapeared the following day ( not sure why ). This amp is currently being used to drive the MT section of my T Gravsen DTQWT III and even with an X over in the signal path it sounds fantastic, currently, i'm waiting for a pair of Alpair full range drivers to go with this little amp.
@ Victor, I would like to build TU 8600 and use it biamped with my DTQWT III and need to know what the gain in db is for the 8600, I asked previously about the gain info for the 8100 and you replied saying that it was in the instruction manual and after rereading it I can't find it . I guess there maybe a way of working it out but I'm not sure how to do it . It makes matching up the second amp much easier with this info.
Thanks.
@ Kpsthakur, how did you get those PCBs so clean? they look really neat.