Elekit TU-8100 PCL86 integrated amplifier

Here are the suggestions
1. check all your soldering points and check your installation with the manual
2. swap the left and right channel tube.. to eliminate the issue from the tuber..

You amp is abnormal .

YouTube

I went through the entire thing many times, but same results. I even replaced the tubes with a new set I bought, but again same result. I desoldered the input jack at front and then everything got normal, guess it was a faulty audio jack. Now I unfortunately only have the rear input for use, but that's fine for now.

I have recently finished building my TU 8100 kit and would like to thank Victor for an excellent kit with clear and precise instructions. Like kpsthakur I had a blinking left hand chanel which dissapeared the following day ( not sure why ). This amp is currently being used to drive the MT section of my T Gravsen DTQWT III and even with an X over in the signal path it sounds fantastic, currently, i'm waiting for a pair of Alpair full range drivers to go with this little amp.
@ Victor, I would like to build TU 8600 and use it biamped with my DTQWT III and need to know what the gain in db is for the 8600, I asked previously about the gain info for the 8100 and you replied saying that it was in the instruction manual and after rereading it I can't find it . I guess there maybe a way of working it out but I'm not sure how to do it . It makes matching up the second amp much easier with this info.
Thanks.
@ Kpsthakur, how did you get those PCBs so clean? they look really neat.

With a bit of patience :)

Hello all,
I’m interested in this kit, but would like to add a 1/4” or 1/8”headphone jack. I’m not an electronics tech, just a builder. How would I proceed ? I realize a hole would need to be drilled in the front or rear panel depending on which would provide enough room. Would the jack need to be insulated from grounding to the case with a gasket ? Would you add a 100 ohm 1/2 watt resistor to each left and right positive speaker output at the speaker terminals in line with each added red left and right wire going to the new phones jack ? Or, no resistors ? And add a black ground wire from each negative speaker terminal, connect the two wires together and connect it to the common ground terminal on the new phones jack ? Like I said, I’m no circuit designer, just a builder. I would be using mostly around 30 ohm dynamic type phones, however I would like to try 150 to 300 ohm phones. Would the amp have enough power for high impedance phones ? And, would the amp work well with planar magnetic type phones if I got them ? Lastly, is there any tonal difference between the two type tubes you can use ? Any preferences ?
Sorry for all the questions, and thanks for any help !

66deg, Thanks !
Ok on the RCA to 1/8” adapter, but I don’t know if I need the resistors to tame the 2 watts down. Using 30 to 40 ohm headphones and the RCA adapter will there be enough attenuation from the volume pot to use headphones ? Sorry, I’m an electronics theory dunderhead but a class 3 military grade electronics assembler.

66deg,
Thanks ! I have a PM out to Victor on this question. Great minds think alike , HaHa.
BTW, where are you located in GB ? I’m in Lancaster, Pennsylvania. The first of the many Lancaster’s in the States. Out prisons facade was made to look just like Lancaster’s castle gate.

If it is blinking, you just turn off the amp for few second. The blinking will disappear.
ELEKIT does not provide any gain info

TU-8600 is an excellent emotional amp.. Please do not biamp TU-8600.

Hello Victor,

I am thinking about purchasing one of these amplifiers, but was curious as to whether there is a technical reason why one should not biamp? I was thinking this might be a candidate to power a horn speaker from 1kHz and upward, with solid state class A on the woofer below.

Cheers,

Matt.

Hi. I am new to this forum. I attempted to assemble the Elekit Tu 8100 as my first project. It was fun and I learned a lot as I went along.

I am pretty sure I followed all the directions. I am not great with soldering, but I think all my connections are good (or at least not terrible).

I plugged in the unit and nothing happened. Neither tube lit up.

I took off the metal case and checked all the solder points. I re-did a few that looked suspect, but when I tried again, still no power.

I enjoy tube equipment a great deal and wanted to try to build a kit, but I guess I didn't do something right.

I know it is fairly general question since I assume there are many potential things that could be wrong, but are there any specific places I might want to try to look at first to see what might cause the problem with no power?

I guess I should have tried something a little easier for the first attempt, but the Elekit gets such great reviews as a kit and for sound, this was hard to pass up the attempt at least.

Thanks for any guidance.

Bill :confused::confused:
Hi Bill email me. I will help you to locate the issue

Last edited: