Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

The diyAudio Store A forum for discussing anything about the products available in The diyAudio Store.

Elekit TU-8100 PCL86 integrated amplifier
Elekit TU-8100 PCL86 integrated amplifier
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 19th June 2019, 05:49 PM   #21
vkung is offline vkung  Canada
diyAudio Member

If it is blinking, you just turn off the amp for few second. The blinking will disappear.
ELEKIT does not provide any gain info

TU-8600 is an excellent emotional amp.. Please do not biamp TU-8600.
Old 10th August 2019, 09:11 PM   #22
kpsthakur is offline kpsthakur  India
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkung View Post
Here are the suggestions
1. check all your soldering points and check your installation with the manual
2. swap the left and right channel tube.. to eliminate the issue from the tuber..

You amp is abnormal .

YouTube
I went through the entire thing many times, but same results. I even replaced the tubes with a new set I bought, but again same result. I desoldered the input jack at front and then everything got normal, guess it was a faulty audio jack. Now I unfortunately only have the rear input for use, but that's fine for now.
Old 10th August 2019, 09:12 PM   #23
kpsthakur is offline kpsthakur  India
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 66deg View Post
I have recently finished building my TU 8100 kit and would like to thank Victor for an excellent kit with clear and precise instructions. Like kpsthakur I had a blinking left hand chanel which dissapeared the following day ( not sure why ). This amp is currently being used to drive the MT section of my T Gravsen DTQWT III and even with an X over in the signal path it sounds fantastic, currently, i'm waiting for a pair of Alpair full range drivers to go with this little amp.
@ Victor, I would like to build TU 8600 and use it biamped with my DTQWT III and need to know what the gain in db is for the 8600, I asked previously about the gain info for the 8100 and you replied saying that it was in the instruction manual and after rereading it I can't find it . I guess there maybe a way of working it out but I'm not sure how to do it . It makes matching up the second amp much easier with this info.
Thanks.
@ Kpsthakur, how did you get those PCBs so clean? they look really neat.
With a bit of patience
Old 27th August 2019, 01:02 PM   #24
Orangenut is offline Orangenut  United States
diyAudio Member

Hello all,
Iím interested in this kit, but would like to add a 1/4Ē or 1/8Ēheadphone jack. Iím not an electronics tech, just a builder. How would I proceed ? I realize a hole would need to be drilled in the front or rear panel depending on which would provide enough room. Would the jack need to be insulated from grounding to the case with a gasket ? Would you add a 100 ohm 1/2 watt resistor to each left and right positive speaker output at the speaker terminals in line with each added red left and right wire going to the new phones jack ? Or, no resistors ? And add a black ground wire from each negative speaker terminal, connect the two wires together and connect it to the common ground terminal on the new phones jack ? Like I said, Iím no circuit designer, just a builder. I would be using mostly around 30 ohm dynamic type phones, however I would like to try 150 to 300 ohm phones. Would the amp have enough power for high impedance phones ? And, would the amp work well with planar magnetic type phones if I got them ? Lastly, is there any tonal difference between the two type tubes you can use ? Any preferences ?
Sorry for all the questions, and thanks for any help !
Old 27th August 2019, 04:41 PM   #25
66deg is offline 66deg  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Try one of these, might be a lot less hassle.https://fr.farnell.com/pro-signal/ps...a-127220614382
Old 27th August 2019, 05:48 PM   #26
diyAudio Member

66deg, Thanks !
Ok on the RCA to 1/8” adapter, but I don’t know if I need the resistors to tame the 2 watts down. Using 30 to 40 ohm headphones and the RCA adapter will there be enough attenuation from the volume pot to use headphones ? Sorry, I’m an electronics theory dunderhead but a class 3 military grade electronics assembler.
Old 27th August 2019, 05:57 PM   #27
diyAudio Member

66deg,

The output from the amp is a bare wire, spade or banana plug terminal connection.
How would an RCA to 1/8” phono connect to the amps speaker output terminals ?
Old 27th August 2019, 07:06 PM   #28
diyAudio Member

I'm no EE myself, perhaps Victor maybe able to help.
Old 27th August 2019, 07:12 PM   #29
diyAudio Member

I do know that some people use headphones of a Chord Quetest perhaps someone on the headfi forum may be able to help.
Old 27th August 2019, 08:46 PM   #30
diyAudio Member

66deg,
Thanks ! I have a PM out to Victor on this question. Great minds think alike , HaHa.
BTW, where are you located in GB ? I’m in Lancaster, Pennsylvania. The first of the many Lancaster’s in the States. Out prisons facade was made to look just like Lancaster’s castle gate.

Elekit TU-8100 PCL86 integrated amplifierHide this!Advertise here!